Program Officer, (Jewish) Leadership and Talent
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
Postal code: 20020
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and reduce inequality. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities.
The Program Officer (PO) is a member of the Leadership and Talent Team, which is part of the larger US Jewish Grantmaking team, based in Schusterman’s Washington, D.C., office. The PO will have an opportunity to shape strategy and oversee initiatives as part of Schusterman’s agenda focused on leadership, talent and culture. Specifically, the PO will manage key aspects of Schusterman’s flagship leadership development program, the Schusterman Fellowship – a program designed to develop and retain exceptional professional and volunteer talent in the Jewish nonprofit sector.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- At least 6 years of experience performing project and program management duties at a high level required. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A proven ability to successfully manage events for executive audiences and for groups of leaders, ideally executives, required.
- Experience and knowledge of the Jewish community preferred.
- Experience applying a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion lens to leadership projects and programs preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, colleagues, current grantees, potential grantees, young Jewish adults, other grantor organizations and the general public required.
- Excellent judgment, an ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public required.
- Expertise in the areas of leadership and development/adult development required.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge of: (a) modern office practices and procedures; (b) the use of office machines and equipment; and (c) basic web skills and comfort required. Knowledge of Salesforce is preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to travel, upon occasion, required.
We offer a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as incentives for healthy living, a generous 401(k) match and other benefits. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with a subject line of “Program Officer - Leadership.” Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert