Program Assistant, (Jewish) Leadership and Talent
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: Washington DC
Postal code: 20020
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and reduce inequality. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities. www.schusterman.org
The Program Assistant (PA) is a member of the Leadership and Talent team which is part of the larger U.S. Jewish Grantmaking Team, based out of Schusterman’s Washington, DC office. The PA will have the opportunity to support the implementation of strategic initiatives related to talent, leadership and culture. The PA will help operate Schusterman’s flagship leadership development program, the Schusterman Fellowship and Senior Fellows (alumni) experience – programs designed to develop and retain exceptional professional and volunteer talent in the Jewish nonprofit sector.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, colleagues, current grantees, potential grantees, young Jewish adults, other grantor organizations and the general public required.
- Experience and knowledge of the Jewish community preferred.
- Analytical and research abilities necessary to use data to assist with development of strategic decisions required.
- Proven skill and comfort in prioritizing, multi-tasking and efficiently delivering high-quality work product required.
- Experience, college and/or internship, with program or project management, preferred.
- PC skills (with proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media), as well as a thorough knowledge of: (a) modern office practices and procedures; (b) the use of office machines and equipment; and (c) basic web skills and comfort.
- Ability to travel, on occasion, required.
We offer a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as incentives for healthy living, a generous 401(k) match and other benefits. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject “Program Assistant, Leadership” to ([email protected]
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert