Program Associate, Schusterman REALITY Initiative
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
Postal code: 30327
Country: United States
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and reduce inequality. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities. www.schusterman.org
The Program Associate (PA) is a member of the REALITY team, based in Schusterman’s Atlanta, GA office. The PA will be a catalyst to help design alumni experiences and be a community organizer working with alumni to advance the goals of the REALITY team. The PA will have the opportunity to help design and implement alumni engagement strategies and work with alumni, and REALITY partners and grantees. A description of the REALITY program may be found at https://www.schusterman.org/realityexperience/about.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgement and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in program design, community organizing, alumni relations, event planning, planning and strategy or related fields is required.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, colleagues, grantees, partners, REALITY participants and alumni and the general public required.
- Experience and knowledge of the Jewish community preferred.
- Analytical and research abilities necessary to develop strategic decisions required.
- Understanding of philanthropy and community dynamics, some familiarity with local, national and international Jewish organizations is preferred.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge of: (a) modern office practices and procedures; (b) the use of office machines and equipment; and (c) basic web skills and comfort required.Proven skill and comfort in prioritizing, multi-tasking and efficiently delivering high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and constructively across departments and with national and international partners.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, with occasional international, required.
We offer a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as incentives for healthy living, a generous 401(k) match and other benefits. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line, “Program Associate, REALITY”, to ([email protected]
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert