Executive Assistant to CEO & CEqO
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: NEW YORK
Postal code: 10036
State: New York
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Equity Officer (CEqO) will serve as the Ambassador to both offices. The EA will be required to think deeply on their behalf and be responsible for their time allocation and overall efficiency, to help maximize their impact. In addition, s/he is responsible for providing expert administrative support to both the CEO, CEqO and the KIPP Foundation Board. The ideal candidate will demonstrate that s/he possesses a mature, professional demeanor, and is a self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced environment. S/he is a great relationship builder, has strong systems for managing work, prioritizes ruthlessly, and is expert at ‘seeing around corners,’ anticipating upcoming needs and conflicts and resolving them.
Key Responsibilities and duties for the CEO and the CEqO
- Manage the complex and high-demand calendars of the CEO and CEqO
- Coordinate travel arrangements including air travel, hotel accommodations, conference registration and ground transportation services
- Arrange logistics for meetings (catering, technology, supplies, etc.) including traveling to off-site meetings to provide administrative support, as needed
- Manage or assist with Ad hoc projects
Support to the KIPP Foundation Board
- Schedule KIPP Foundation Board Quarterly Board meetings and calls
- Manage all logistics for the Quarterly Board meetings including on-site, in-person support for all meetings
- Provide administrative support in the assembly and delivery of electronic and printed board materials
- Manage relationships in partnership with CEO’s Chief of Staff
- Handle travel and reimbursement requests
- Proactive thinker, Independent, self-starter
- Resourceful problem solver
- Project management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Results oriented
- Professional Executive Assistant with 5+ years of experience of reporting to C-Suite level manager
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and display good judgment
- Expert in time management and efficiency
- Strong detail orientation with exceptionally strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Experience approving and submitting expense reports, invoices and time cards
- Works with a sense of urgency while maintaining thoughtful, respectful approach
- Previous experience working for a manager of a large team with multiple direct reports
- Expert in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point, adept at using video technology
- Experience with AnyBill, Concur, VMR, Zoom, Dropbox, ADP a plus
This is a full-time exempt position based in New York but requires travel approximately 4 a year.
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter online.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert