The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: New York
Postal code: 10001
State: New York
Country: United States
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus — thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today — we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation’s staff comprises approximately 150 full-time employees.
The Administration Department includes Finance, Strategy, Information Technology, and Facilities. Our purpose is to provide strategic analysis and tactical advice to MJFF leadership and across all departments to advance the organization’s mission. We strive to create a partnership culture that embodies the MJFF values by being proactive, collaborative, and efficient, and our department behaviors are to continually ask how something can be improved, set personally high standards, keep things simple, and move quickly.
MJFF is searching for a Financial Analyst to proactively partner with managers across the organization to provide data and inform decision-making. Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Reporting, the analyst will play a key role in partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders to develop and maintain financial analysis and reporting. This is a highly visible position that will include being directly involved in preparing senior management presentations and reporting. We are seeking someone with a strong analytical background, financial acumen and excellent communication skills.
This is a full-time position located at MJFF headquarters in New York City with no travel required.
- Proactively develop and maintain analysis, reporting and management presentations. This encompasses communicating effectively to understand and document stakeholders’ requirements.
- Develop modeling and reports using Adaptive Insights to provide accessibility to key financial data to different levels of management. Become an advanced user of the financial tool and being able to provide support to other users.
- Prepare variance analysis such as actual vs forecast, identifying variances, and provide commentary.
- Develop and maintain a range of reports that are readily accessible by stakeholders, which can help inform future decisions
- Actively participate and at times lead change initiatives involving documentation of new processes and procedures
- Remain abreast of current best practice in analytics to consistently bring innovation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis and reporting or a related field
- Fluent in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adaptive Insights and SQL a plus
- Proactive mindset and the ability to determine course of action
- Effective in building strong working relationships and collaborate across the organization to problem-solve
- Attention to detail and acumen in streamlining processes
- Agile in working on multiple deliverables, operate independently and comfortable in dealing with ambiguity inherent in building new processes and change initiatives
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Accounting
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please click on this link to apply. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert