Founded in 1995, Take Stock in Children is a Florida-based non-profit organization committed to breaking the cycle of poverty by putting low-income students on a direct path to higher education. TSIC seeks a Take Stock in College Program Director to oversee all aspects of program implementation.
Take Stock in Children provides comprehensive services, which include direct student support assistance and college and career success coaching for students in every Florida County. Take Stock in Children has provided services to over 32,000 children in Florida including college readiness coaching, advocacy, scholarships, and mentorship. As a result, 96% of Take Stock in Children students complete high school, 92% enter college, and 68% complete their post-secondary education (a rate that surpasses that of at-risk peers).
As a result of this success, in the Fall of 2018, Take Stock in Children launched Take Stock in College. This grant funded program is now entering its second year and extends the Take Stock continuum of support into post-secondary education. The program is designed to provide post-secondary completion support to TSIC graduates currently enrolled in Florida’s 40 public colleges and universities.
The Take Stock in College Program Director will ensure that the program model is being implemented with fidelity and that all program deliverables are being met. Additionally, the Program Director will serve as a liaison between Take Stock in Children leadership and Take Stock in College program staff.
The Position: The Take Stock in College Program Director will have the following responsibilities:
• Overseeing the implementation of Take Stock in College ensuring that milestones are being set and met consistently.
• Building relationships with post-secondary institution and affiliate leaders in support of programmatic initiatives.
• Supporting on-site efforts of the Student Engagement Specialists and Student Ambassadors.
• Developing internal and external communications about Take Stock in College.
• Reviewing programmatic and evaluator data for potential innovations and efficiencies.
• Performing other duties as identified by the TSIC President & CEO.