Founded in 1995, Take Stock in Children (TSIC) is a Florida-based non-profit organization committed to breaking the cycle of poverty by putting low-income students on a direct path to higher education. TSIC seeks a Communications and Social Media Manager to create, implement, and oversee external communications that effectively further the organization’s mission to break the cycle of poverty.
TSIC provides comprehensive services, which include direct student support assistance and college and career success coaching for students in every Florida County. TSIC has provided services to over 32,000 children in Florida including college readiness coaching, advocacy, scholarships, and mentorship. As a result, 96% of TSIC students complete high school, 92% enter college, and 68% complete their postsecondary education (a rate that far surpasses that of at-risk peers).
The Communications and Social Media Manager will be instrumental in setting and implementing a strategy that results in the production of high-quality content to engage a variety of audiences including Take Stock in Children affiliate organizations, parents, students, mentors, alumni, stakeholders, elected officials, and supporters.
The Position: The Communications and Social Media Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Create and manage a cohesive communications plan for both internal and external messaging.
• Promote mentor, student, and community engagement with TSIC.
• Manage the timely dissemination of TSIC messaging and information through all social media platforms.
• Review analytics and provide recommendations to the CEO for increased impact and efficiency.
• Ensure that all content on the TSIC website is relevant, accurate, and effective.
• Develop tailored content for a variety of audiences in digital, online, and print formats for all TSIC programming including Take Stock in College, Take Stock in Children, and Take Stock in Careers.
• Lead and develop content for major campaigns (such as the upcoming TSIC 25th Anniversary).
• Manage the generation of content across a variety of media platforms including the monthly TSIC newsletter, images, videos, and other communication tools as needed.
• Produce high-quality, informative press-releases, press kits, and related materials.
• Develop and maintain a press archive. • Perform other duties as identified by the TSIC President & CEO.