Take Stock in Children (TSIC) is a Florida-based non-profit organization committed to breaking the cycle of poverty by putting low-income students on a direct path to higher education. TSIC seeks a Grants and Development Specialist to identify and pursue key public and private funding opportunities at the local, regional, state, and national levels.
TSIC provides comprehensive services, which include direct student support assistance and college and career success coaching for students in every Florida County. TSIC has provided services to over 32,000 children in Florida including college readiness coaching, advocacy, scholarships, and mentorship. As a result, 96% of TSIC students complete high school, 92% enter college, and 68% complete their postsecondary education (a rate that far surpasses that of at-risk peers).
The Grants and Development Specialist will contribute to the range of development activities pursued by TSIC. This includes identifying grant funding sources, as well as coordinating the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to public agencies, private foundations, and corporations.
The Position: The Grants and Development Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
• Creating and managing a grant pursuit plan and overall development calendar.
• Conducting the activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations and corporations.
• Engaging in prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for grants.
• Creating and leading a moves management by stewarding the cultivation to solicitation process.
• Tracking leads and statistics relevant to development and produce written materials as necessary for donor stewardship.
• Conducting outreach and meetings (on- and off-site) on behalf of the organization to pursue funding leads and support the CEO in her outreach efforts.
• Identifying and pursue sponsors for two high-profile statewide conferences.
• Developing major fundraising campaigns (e.g. 25th anniversary).
• Maintaining current records in databases including grant tracking and reporting.
• Building a thorough knowledge and understanding of TSIC’s history and programming.
• Collecting information for and help the President & CEO prepare for fundraising meetings.
• Supporting the President & CEO in fundraising efforts, specifically meeting with donors and supporters to convey the compelling story and impact of Take Stock programmatic initiatives.
• Performing other duties as identified by the TSIC President & CEO.