Chief External Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Youth Development
City: New York
Postal code: 10004
State: New York
Country: United States
iMentor is one of the most successful and fastest-growing college success organizations in the country. iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower first-generation students from low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions
CHIEF EXTERNAL OFFICER
NEW YORK CITY
Celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, iMentor is a national college success organization that partners with public high schools and matches every student in the school with a college-educated mentor. Mentors commit a minimum of three years to a single student before extending their relationship through post-secondary completion. iMentor’s mentoring relationships provide the personalized and proactive support necessary to empower first-generation college students to graduate
high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. iMentor’s program model provides district high schools with a way to comprehensively reimagine their counseling function. iMentor students are 29% more likely to enroll in college and are graduating college at double the rates of their peers.
Since inception, iMentor has created and supported 30,000 mentoring relationships. Over the next five years, iMentor plans to create an additional 30,000 mentoring relationships in 33 communities across the country. One of the nation’s most innovative and fastest growing college success organizations, iMentor has been recognized through support from many of the leading education funders in the country, including the Ballmer Group, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, the Robin Hood Foundation, the Bezos Family Foundation, and the Kresge Foundation. As a team, we are collaborative, fun, bring passion and joy to our work, and deeply believe in human potential. We are proud to have been recently named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work for by The Nonprofit Times.
For additional information, please visit https://imentor.org/
As the incoming Chief External Officer, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Passion and commitment to the mission and vision of iMentor
- At least 10 years of professional experience with a focus on relationship-management and revenue generation; experience in either the private or nonprofit sector is valued, while cross-sector experience would be ideal
- Experience managing significant major donors, foundations, and corporate partnerships
- Demonstrated success in thinking creatively and strategically about revenue diversification and ability to effectively develop and implement plans in support of revenue growth
- Ability to lead and inspire a high-performing and diverse team to meet ambitious goals while also serving as a key organizational leader as part of the senior leadership team
- Strong writing skills; excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build and improve systems and tools for development operations, including databases, reporting, and donor research tools
- Collaborative, decisive, motivating, and engaging style
- High standards of excellence combined with a supportive and growth-oriented management style
- Culturally competent regarding diversity, equity and inclusion. Able to have difficult and effective conversations about race and equity while meeting someone where they are
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
iMentor offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
iMentor celebrates the diversity of our communities and we seek to build a team that reflects that diversity. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants who share that same vision, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our work and this mission. iMentor encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position and we do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.
iMentor has partnered with Koya Leadership Partners to lead this search. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume, addressed to Kelli Doss, Chief Talent and Equity Officer, here.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit www.koyapartners.com.
Posted By: Koya Leadership Partners
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert