Jesuit Volunteer Corps Northwest
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Religious
Postal code: 97222
Country: United States
Jesuit Volunteer Corps Northwest responds to local community needs in the Pacific Northwest by placing volunteers who provide value-centered service grounded in the Jesuit Catholic tradition.
Honoring the Divine at work in all things, we envision the Northwest as a sustainable region where all live in dignity, are treated justly, and actively contribute to their own empowerment and positive change in their communities.
Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC) Northwest responds to local community needs in the Northwest by placing volunteers who provide value-centered service grounded in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. Honoring the Divine at work in all things, we envision the Northwest as a sustainable region where all live in dignity, are treated justly, and actively contribute to their own empowerment and positive change in their communities. JVC Northwest strives to live out the four values of community, simple living, social and ecological justice, and spirituality/reflection.
JVC Northwest is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates and partners.
The executive director (ED) of Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC) Northwest provides leadership in the formation and implementation of the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the organization. The ED operates within the parameters set forth in the bylaws and is accountable to the board of directors of which the ED is an ex-officio member. The ED fosters an atmosphere of growth towards the four values of JVC Northwest – community, simple living, social and ecological justice, and spirituality – in the JVC Northwest office, in support of the volunteers, and among constituents. The ED helps initiate and promote equity and eco-justice efforts of the organization.
The ED demonstrates the following:
- Grounding in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition and Catholic Social Teaching;
- Commitment to and leadership in living the core values of the Jesuit Volunteer Corps Northwest: social and ecological justice, community, simple living and spirituality;
- Participation and leadership in staff community, including prayer, staff meetings and staff days;
- Ability to work as a team member and also independently;
- Ability to meet the public in a friendly and open way and to communicate effectively with diverse peoples;
- Significant experience with fundraising capabilities, especially major donor relations
- Experience in managing a federal grant;
- Experience in managing organizational budgets of over $4 million;
- Ability to lead equity efforts of the organization with board and staff;
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with many details;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative office;
- Experience in communications, business administration or government programs is desired;
- BA degree required; MA preferred.
This position is subject to criminal history check and possibly a consumer credit report when applicable. This position does not have recurring access to vulnerable populations.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Nonprofit Professionals Now (NPN) is excited to be working with JVC Northwest on filling this key position.
Full job description and application information is available at: www.wvdo-or.hiringthing.com. All applications will be thoroughly reviewed.
Applications need to include: cover letter, resume and completion of screening questions.
Application deadline: July 22, 2019
Posted By: Nonprofit Professionals Now
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert