Communications and Marketing Manager
Project Angel Food
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Food/Agriculture/Nutrition
City: Los Angeles
Postal code: 90038
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Project Angel Food prepares and delivers healthy meals to feed people impacted by serious illness, bringing comfort and hope every day.
The Communications & Marketing Manager is responsible for all communications and marketing activities for Project Angel Food, a prominent non-profit that for 30 years has prepared and delivered free, nutritious meals to the critically ill in LA County.
Overall, this position is responsible for the entire brand awareness, community engagement and public relations outreach to support agency funding. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced communications professional interested in elevating the profile, reach, and engagement of the Project Angel Food brand.
The Communications & Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Philanthropy.
- Develop, write and update content for printed materials and digital content (website, email, social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube).
- Create/manage the communications calendar in collaboration with the Development and Volunteer Services departments to include all promotional activities and campaigns.
- Develop the agency’s social media strategy/plan in coordination with Director of Philanthropy, key staff, board members and other strategic partners; provide weekly social media and email analytics.
- Write and manage content for direct mail/email and other appeals and work with design and print vendors.
- Manage/collect/oversee a portfolio of client stories/photos and event and program images.
- Work closely with Development, Client Services, Volunteer Services, Nutrition Services, Dispatch and Kitchen to create and regulate content.
- Research and develop opportunities for text message marketing campaigns and oversee Project Angel Food’s Giving Tuesday digital campaign.
- Assist with press announcements, media alerts and press engagement at agency events and manage PR contact lists.
- Attend/manage PR for agency events; take photos and/or book photographers as needed.
- Provide support for marketing collateral for the Capital Campaign.
- Stay current/updated on food policy and advocacy efforts (e.g., Food is Medicine Coalition).
- Perform related duties as required.
- Three years of social media/digital marketing experience.
- College degree in marketing/communications - combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent writing, organization and communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Adept in social media analytics.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other creative software tools.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under varying time constraints.
- Experience with crowdfunding campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising a plus.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends and attend events as needed.
- Willingness and desire to work with a diverse team of staff, volunteers and donors.
- Reliable transportation, valid CA driver’s license, clean driving record and current liability insurance.
- Exempt position.
- Employer-provided health and life insurance.
- Optional dental and vision insurance, credit union, 403(b) plan
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Reimbursement for mileage.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert