Immigrant Justice Corps
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
City: New York
Postal code: 10004
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
IJC’s mission is to recruit, train, and populate the immigration field with the highest quality legal advocates to create a new generation of leaders with a lifelong commitment to immigrant justice.
IJC is the country's first and only fellowship program wholly dedicated to meeting the need for high-quality legal assistance for immigrants seeking citizenship, other lawful status, and fighting deportation. Inspired by Chief Judge Robert Katzmann of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, IJC brings together the country's most talented law school and college graduates to provide high-quality representation to low-income immigrants.
IJC’s two-year Fellowship program connects Fellows to the best legal services providers and community- based institutions nationwide. The program also fosters a culture of creative thinking that engenders new strategies to reduce the justice gap for immigrant families, ensuring that immigration status is no longer a barrier to social and economic opportunity. Since its founding in 2014, IJC has effectively assisted more than 49,000 immigrants and family members with a 93% success rate on completed cases.
The Director of Development will lead our development efforts
at a critical juncture and an exciting moment for the organization. We are
poised for significant growth and scale based on our proven model and some
exciting seed gifts from major funders who wish to see our impact grow
The Director of Development will provide leadership in planning, organizing and implementing fundraising activities to ensure
sustainability of current operations and
future expansion. The Director will work closely with and support the
fundraising efforts of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will bring a passion
for IJC’s mission, a positive and collaborative spirit, a demonstrated ability
to be persuasive in communicating stories and organizational mission. The
Director of Development will report to the Executive Director and serve as a
member of the senior leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In the next four years, oversee strategies to increase
annual revenue from $8 million to $12 million by expanding contributions from
current generous, multi-year committed funders and through securing new support;
- Work closely as a thought partner to the
Executive Director to develop a long-term comprehensive fundraising strategy, with clearly defined
outcomes, activities and responsibilities,
designed to meet annual and multi-year revenue
- Work closely with the Development Committee, the
Nominating Committee and the overall Board of Directors to ensure Board efforts
remain aligned with IJC’s fundraising and growth goals;
- Assist the Executive Director to secure major
gifts. Develop an engaging stewardship plan for current major donors and help
identify new prospects; manage a portfolio of existing major foundation funders
as well as individual funders
- Responsible for day-to-day fundraising
activities including but not limited to:
and refine the existing cultivation strategy for key potential donors and
identify and empower the best relationship manager for each donor;
all aspects of fundraising events including cultivation events
ensure that donor and prospect records are
current, and that the Salesforce database is appropriately managed with the support of an Administrative
- Work collaboratively with Communications Manager
on special fundraising initiatives and campaigns related to special
celebrations or programmatic needs; and to ensure effective and timely
communication to institutional funders, individuals and IJC stakeholders.
- As a member of the senior management team,
contributes to development of IJC’s yearly goals and annual operating budget;
- As philanthropic resources grow, builds a
development team and ensures that staff work as a collaborative and supportive
team to meet yearly and multi-year fundraising
goals in partnership with the rest of the organization.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
of immigration related issues by attending educational workshops and reviewing
- Strong commitment to social justice and the rights of immigrants.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of development experience in non-profit sector highly desired. Comparable experience in sales and marketing in the private sector will be considered if there is issue-based competency.
- Proven track record working in a comprehensive and successful development program, with demonstrated experience in building relationships and raising money from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to be a thought-partner with program staff to develop fundraising strategies tied to IJC’s work.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in grant writing and grant management, event planning and execution, marketing and public relations desired.
- Superb organizational, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team environment and to be equally comfortable as a self-starter.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce highly desired along with knowledge of other fundraising management systems.
Excellent benefits package including dental and vision.
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Email a detailed cover letter explaining "What excites you about Immigrant Justice Corps and the Director of Development opportunity?” Also, include a resume and three (3) references to [email protected] with “Development Director” included in the subject line. Applications will be handled with confidentiality. IJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert