Director of Strategic Initiatives
The Holdsworth Center
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 78746
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Our mission is to impact, over time, the quality of K-12 public education for all Texas students by supporting and developing educational leaders. Over five years, we partner with superintendents, central office administrators, principals and their core teams to help build a pipeline of leaders who deliver excellent and equitable student results. Our philosophy, backed by research, is that successful schools are made possible by strong, inspiring leaders who are grown and developed within a district culture that cares about people.
The Holdsworth Center is a non-profit organization founded and largely funded by Charles Butt, Chairman and CEO of H-E-B, a regional supermarket company. Based in Austin, Texas, the academic campus and its programs are being developed in honor of Charles’ mother, Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth Butt, who was an educator, a philanthropist and a lifelong champion for social justice.
The mission of the Holdsworth Center is to invest in public schools and improve student outcomes across the state of Texas through strengthening educational leadership across the state. Holdsworth will work in partnership with public school districts over a sustained period of time to help them tackle their toughest challenges around leadership development, pipeline planning and strategic talent management. In addition to its core offerings—the District Leadership Program, the Campus Leadership Program, and District Support—provided to partner districts over five years, the Holdsworth Center will work, over-time to broaden its impact on all aspects of leadership that drive student outcomes.
The Holdsworth Center is seeking a Director of Strategic Initiatives who shares a deep commitment to our mission and whose experience and vision will deepen our capacity and enhance our impact as we aim to be of service to public school districts across the state of Texas.
The Director of Strategic Initiatives, reporting to the Vice President will:
- Build and manage the Center’s Strategic Initiatives team to ensure that it is nimble, dynamic, and efficient in its operations
- Establish effective, collaborative relationships with senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to identify emerging needs and opportunities
- Work with the Vice President to identify, prioritize, and incubate projects that will enhance Holdsworth’s effectiveness and impact. Possible projects over the next two years include:
- Building out strategies to effectively engage alumni with an eye towards deepening and sustaining their learning and leveraging them in Holdsworth’s on-going work
- Deepening Holdsworth’s online learning capabilities and offerings
- Refining Holdsworth’s approach to serving small/rural school districts
- Establishing plans/strategies to work with one of Texas’ large/urban school districts
- Researching tools to measure individual leadership growth and developing a strategy to enhance Holdsworth’s ability to measure individual leadership growth
- After incubating and launching projects, develop sustainability plans and work with the relevant stakeholders to establish the skills and systems to sustain new efforts
Desirable candidates will have a range of prior experience and capabilities to include:
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
The Holdsworth Center is based in Austin, TX. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in the Center and its mission to [email protected] Please include the job title in the subject line of your e-mail application. The deadline for applications is July 22, 2019.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert