Manager, Consumer Data Access
Financial Health Network
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Research and Development
Primary domain: Human Services
City: Washington DC, Chicago, or New York
Postal code: 60603
Country: United States
We envision a future where all people, especially those who are most vulnerable, have the day-to-day financial systems they need to be resilient and thrive. We are a trusted resource for business leaders, policymakers and innovators united in a mission to improve the financial health of their customers, employees and communities. Through groundbreaking research, advisory services, measurement tools, and opportunities for cross-sector collaboration, we advance awareness, understanding, and proven best practices in support of improved consumer financial health for all.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Program Manager will be part of the Program Team, a cross-functional team that Financial Health Network’s thought leadership and research, our consulting services, and our work to seed innovation. The Program Manager must be an independent problem solver, a creative and analytical thinker and communicator, a skilled relationship manager, and a strong project manager with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of excellence.
The Manager will focus on developing Financial Health Network’s expertise on consumer data access, and will become the public face of Financial Health Network for this work. The Manager will further Financial Health Network’s point of view that consumers should be able to securely access and control their financial data as a critical precondition for both financial health and consumer-friendly innovation in financial technology. The manager will liaison with Financial Health Network’s members who work on consumer data access topics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Innovation and Policy, Research, Consulting
- Develops Financial Health Network’s perspective on consumer data access and lead that topic area for the organization.
- Develops research and shares insights on consumer financial health in the United States.
- Advises clients to design, launch, and grow high-quality sustainable financial products that improve consumer financial health.
- Identifies transformative technologies and approaches to foster promising products, services, and strategy innovations in the marketplace.
- Participates in the development of Financial Health Network’s perspective on key areas of focus.
- Manages complex projects from start to finish using project management tools and strong communication skills.
- Collaborates closely with staff across Financial Health Network and leads project teams.
Relationship Management Business Development
- Manages a portfolio of relationships to drive action on Financial Health.
- Surfaces and participates in the development of consulting, grant and/or sponsorship business opportunities.
- Quickly builds trust and credibility and establishes positive long-term relationships with a range of external stakeholders such as policy makers, financial services providers, research partners, and other collaborators.
- Builds awareness of Financial Health Network through participation at key industry events, speaking engagements, writing, and participation in Financial Health Network promotional activities
- Identifies and convenes influencers across industries in the consumer data access space
- Commitment to Financial Health Network’s mission in advancing consumer financial health
- 5-10 years of experience in financial services policy (banking, aggregators, or fintech), consulting, or research, experience in the technology sector a plus
- Subject matter expertise in consumer data access including data ownership, privacy, risk management, or data protection
- Relationship management skills working with policy makers, large financial institutions, credit unions, nonprofit organizations and/or start-ups
- Superior organizational, project and time management skills with strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong and efficient writing skills; ability to quickly synthesize data and present succinct, cogent arguments verbally and in writing
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, productively engaging with others at all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to commit to up to 10% domestic travel, with occasional evening meetings (1-2/month)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate/Master’s a plus.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of Financial Health Network. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application. A writing sample will be required for applicants who are invited to interview.
The Financial Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert