Director of Gift Planning & Advisor Relations
Essex County Community Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
Postal code: 01923
Country: United States
Essex County Community Foundation inspires philanthropy that strengthens the communities of Essex County by managing charitable assets, strengthening and supporting nonprofits, and engaging in strategic community leadership initiatives. Our ultimate goal is to improve the quality of life in the 34 towns and cities of Essex County.
In its 21st year, Essex County Community Foundation (ECCF) inspires philanthropy across the 34 cities and towns in Essex County, Massachusetts. We do this in three vital ways: 1) Managing and investing donor’s charitable assets; 2) Strengthening and supporting local nonprofits with the knowledge and financial resources needed to sustain lasting impact; 3) Bringing organizations together and to invest in “systems-change” work that addresses root-causes of social issues in our region.
With over $85 million in charitable assets, the Foundation advises fundholders on giving strategies to reach their philanthropic goals and maximize their impact. Our family of 220 (and growing) charitable funds delivers over $7 million to nearly 9,000 grantees annually.
ECCF has experienced significant growth in the last five years, proving there is real need and opportunity in the regional charitable giving sector. This new position is the exciting and vital opportunity to help our donors fulfill their giving goals and instill lasting change in their communities.
The Director of Gift Planning and Advisor Relations, a new role at ECCF, will provide the right candidate the chance to build and grow the Foundation’s charitable funds program. This compelling and dynamic position gives an entrepreneurial professional the opportunity to become a vital leader in our fast-growing organization and in Massachusetts’ philanthropic landscape. The Foundation has recently adopted an ambitious 3-year strategic plan that includes a significant emphasis on doubling the charitable funds and growing assets to $150 million.
To realize this goal, we need an experienced relationship-builder who is up for the challenge and thrives on helping some of the state’s most impactful donors meet their charitable goals. If you enjoy meeting people, assessing their giving priorities, and helping to develop the strategic and personalized giving vehicle to meet their needs, this position is for you.
To succeed as ECCF’s Director of Gift Planning, you will:
- Identify, engage, and recruit potential donors, opening a charitable fund as a vehicle to achieve their philanthropic goals.You will provide them with excellent stewardship and philanthropic knowledge to support their charitable giving and structure charitable funds that meet their unique needs.
- Build and steward deep relationships with professional advisors in the County and beyond, and promote the Foundation to their high-net worth clients.Tax accountants, estate planning attorneys, and financial advisors are critical partners in philanthropy and these relationships must run deep and wide.You will work with these industry professionals to design and implement events that inspire philanthropy with their clients.
- Monitor the tax and regulatory environment that may impact community foundations and/or charitable giving vehicles for Fundholders.
- Understand the wants and needs of charitable fund donors to ensure ECCF’s investment options are what our donors desire and expect.
The successful candidate will be goal-focused and action-oriented, and ready to join the talented team at the Foundation. As goals are achieved, growth opportunities will exist for career advancement.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least three to five years of experience working directly with donors or professional advisors in a community foundation, multi-faceted nonprofit, or financial services/sales organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with high-net-worth individuals.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of and familiarity with asking for and accepting various types of asset gifts.Experience in planned giving is preferred.
- Candidate should be well-organized, self-motivated, with a can-do attitude.This position requires high energy with a commitment to excellence and must operate with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
This position is a professional, full-time exempt staff position and will be eligible to participate in the Foundation’s health plan, retirement plan and other employee benefits. The salary range is $100K - $120K and is commensurate with skill level, experience, and sector benchmarks.
Essex County Community Foundation believes in the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion. The Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunities.
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted through August 9, 2019.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert