Development and Communications Associate
Friends of New York City Nurse-Family Partnership
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
City: New York
Postal code: 10028
State: New York
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
Our vision is that every child deserves a fair chance to succeed in life and that zip code should not determine destiny.
Friends of New York City Nurse-Family Partnership (www.friendsofnycnfp.org) improves the lives of low income first-time mothers and their babies who participate in the renowned Nurse-Family Partnership program in New York City (NYCNFP). This program pairs nurses with new mothers from pregnancy until their child is age 2. The nurses offer information, advice and encouragement related to pregnancy, child development and maternal self-sufficiency and we enhance their work by enabling the removing the financial barriers that prevent mothers from getting the education they need for good jobs and by expanding other NFP programs and services. Founded in 2016, our organization has substantially increased dollars raised and program impact year over year. Our goal is to further increase our impact over the next 5 years.
Ideal Development and Communications Associate:
We are looking for someone to provide support to the Executive Director in a wide variety of communications and development tasks. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and committed team member who can take direction as well as propose new ideas and enhance fundraising plans for a growing organization. The applicant should have excellent and well-documented written communication skills. The role requires good organizational skills and an ability to work independently and to switch gears as needed. Our hire will work from home but will be expected to make time for in-person outreach to potential donor groups and for stewarding existing donors by phone and mail. Must be comfortable with social media, website management, proposal writing and data management. Should have at least 3 years of experience in fund raising, marketing strategy, or related work.
This staff person will participate with Executive Director and the Bfundraising committee in creating annual fundraising and communications plans and will have the major responsibility for seeing that they are executed. Duties include:
- Stewardship of donors, including preparing inspirational donor thank you emails and letters and using the data management system to assure that they are completed in a timely fashion. This will also include thank you phone calls for selected donors and occasional organizing of phone-a-thons
- Managing organization's donor management system including data integrity and executing regular reporting to assure maximal use of data for determining strategy and success
- Based on suggested content, preparing monthly email newsletters and monitoring newsletter analytics
- Overseeing and/or executing maintenance of organization’s online presence through website management, as well as regular social media postings on Facebook, Instagram and Linked In
- Assisting with planning and managing fundraising events including annual peer-to-peer campaign, including training fundraising participants
- Assisting with planning, managing and executing outreach to groups for whom Friends of NYCNFP's mission is likely to resonate, e.g. moms groups, professional groups, social action groups, etc.
- Conducting prospect or grant research and preparing proposals
- BA or BS from an accredited college/university, additional fundraising credentials desired
- Must have at least 3 years of fundraising or marketing strategy/communications experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, familiarity with Adobe Acrobat
Salary explanation: We will pay up to $34/hr for up to 18 hrs/wk commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter and resume via email to: [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert