Manager of Strategic Initiatives
The Holdsworth Center
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 78746
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Our mission is to impact, over time, the quality of K-12 public education for all Texas students by supporting and developing educational leaders. Over five years, we partner with superintendents, central office administrators, principals and their core teams to help build a pipeline of leaders who deliver excellent and equitable student results. Our philosophy, backed by research, is that successful schools are made possible by strong, inspiring leaders who are grown and developed within a district culture that cares about people.
The Holdsworth Center is a non-profit organization founded and largely funded by Charles Butt, Chairman and CEO of H-E-B, a regional supermarket company. Based in Austin, Texas, the academic campus and its programs are being developed in honor of Charles’ mother, Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth Butt, who was an educator, a philanthropist and a lifelong champion for social justice.
The mission of the Holdsworth Center is to invest in public schools and improve student outcomes across the state of Texas through strengthening educational leadership across the state. Holdsworth will work in partnership with public school districts over a sustained period of time to help them tackle their toughest challenges around leadership development, pipeline planning and strategic talent management. In addition to its core offerings—the District Leadership Program, the Campus Leadership Program, and District Support—provided to partner districts over five years, the Holdsworth Center will work, over-time to broaden its impact on all aspects of leadership that drive student outcomes.
The Holdsworth Center is seeking a Manager of Strategic Initiatives who shares a deep commitment to our mission and whose experience and vision will deepen our capacity and enhance our impact as we aim to be of service to public school districts across the state of Texas.
The Manager of Strategic Initiatives will work under the Director of Strategic initiatives and the Vice President of the Holdsworth Center to formulate solutions in key priority areas that will enhance Holdsworth’s effectiveness and impact. Possible projects over the next two years include:
- Building out strategies to effectively engage alumni with an eye towards deepening and sustaining their learning and leveraging them in Holdsworth’s on-going work
- Deepening Holdsworth’s online learning capabilities and offerings
- Refining Holdsworth’s approach to serving small/rural school districts
- Establishing plans/strategies to work with one of Texas’ large/urban school districts
- Researching tools to measure individual leadership growth and developing a strategy to enhance Holdsworth’s ability to measure individual leadership growth
The role of the Manager in this work will be to:
- Build Holdsworth’s knowledge of best practices to drive projects forward
- Facilitate working groups of internal and external stakeholders to understand underlying issues and arrive at potential solutions
- Identify challenges and opportunities of key initiatives and support decision makers with data and key considerations
- Launch projects internally to test feasibility and define plans for sustainability
- Support transfer of projects to internal team members through knowledge transfer and skill development
Desirable candidates will have a range of prior experience and capabilities to include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative work style and ability to influence key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and lead in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Commitment to and belief in the potential of excellence in public education
- Deep curiosity and motivation to learn coupled with a strong results-orientation
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Ability to bring structure to highly ambiguous or complex topics
- Working knowledge of education systems and key change levers
- Project-based experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of curriculum design for adult-learning or e-learning preferred
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in the Center and its mission to [email protected] no later than July 22, 2019. Please include the job title in the subject line of your e-mail application.
The Holdsworth Center is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert