Director, Campaign Fundraising
Leadership for Educational Equity
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 20001
Country: United States
About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan leadership development organization dedicated to developing its members’ potential to ensure every child has the opportunity to receive an outstanding education. Our kids and communities need more leaders who believe that educational inequity is a solvable problem. We believe that when our members are organized and reach positions of leadership, they’ll serve as a transformative force for students, communities and the broader movement for educational equity. LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more about what we do, please visit educationalequity.org.
The Elected Leadership team is responsible for inspiring, developing and supporting our members to effectively pursue elected office as a path to help kids and their community. Furthermore, the Elected Leadership team leverages its expertise to help member-driven issue-advocacy campaigns.
The Director, Campaign Fundraising is a critical specialist that develops LEE’s candidates to be effective fundraisers in campaigns at every level of government across the country. This position will strategically assist LEE members who choose to pursue elected leadership with their campaigns by providing support in ways including, but not limited to: creating comprehensive donor lists, developing a call time program and tracking system, establishing realistic goals and maintaining high quality fundraising tracking systems with campaigns, remotely train and staff call time, message development one on one with candidates, and help campaigns expand their lists and prospect new donors. To achieve our ambitious goals, the Director will provide immersive fundraising coaching and develop scalable and differentiated tools for use by hundreds of members seeking elected office.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated campaign fundraising skills, call-time management experience, an ability to build personal, trust-based relationships with diverse individuals, and feel comfortable working and succeeding in entrepreneurial, virtual, matrixed environments. The Director, Campaign Fundraising will collaborate with field, communications, targeting, and digital specialists, as well as the Elected Leadership blended learning director. This person has an achievement- and outcomes-oriented mindset as well as being data-driven and focused on continuous learning.
The Director, Campaign Fundraising will be part of the Develop team on the Elected Leadership team and will report to the Senior Director, Develop.
Position Location: Flexible
Travel Requirements: 15%
- Ensure candidates meet or exceed ambitious fundraising goals through strategic assistance, incentives, and motivation
- Develop campaign fundraising plans, reusable resources, and templates for use by hundreds of members
- Develop call time programs and tracking systems; provide remote call time management, coaching, execution
- Provide experiential, immersive fundraising coaching on areas such as fundraising competencies, strategy, and tactics, including message development with candidates, creating and expanding donor lists, and prospecting new donors
- Help members set realistic fundraising goals and maintain high quality campaign fundraising tracking systems; report on candidate progress to fundraising goals and discrepancies
- 6 years of relevant professional work experience
- 4 cycles of campaign experience, preferably as a finance director or equivalent role
- Proven track record in campaign fundraising and call-time management
- High level of comfort communicating over the phone with diverse candidates and donors
- Evidence of results-based coaching and developing adults
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to influence and motivate diverse constituents
- Ability to work with multiple candidates and manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience working under campaign finance laws and regulations
- Previous affiliation and demonstrated success in a mission-driven environment
- Ability to work as a team and in collaboration with other teams in a geographically dispersed environment
- Ability to deeply understand a number of new and diverse local contexts
- Ability to maintain focus on execution during high-stress situations
- Demonstrated results-oriented work ethic
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Deep passion for educational equity and belief in LEE’s mission and theory of change
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply using link: https://educationalequity.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=409&site=1
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert