Director of Development and Communications
One Family, Inc.
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 02127
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
One Family, Inc. aims to prevent homelessness and break the cycle of family poverty in Massachusetts by promoting pathways to economic independence through advocacy, education, and innovation.
We envision a Commonwealth where all families have secure housing, access to education leading to employment, and the ability to build assets to create a brighter future. We believe that if policies are focused on prevention and programs are designed to promote opportunities, then we can end family homelessness in Massachusetts. For more information, visit onefamilyinc.org.
We are looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial person to lead fundraising and communications efforts in support of One Family’s plans for growth and scale. The Director of Development and Communications will work closely with the Executive Director to design and implement an effective fundraising strategy, with a particular focus on increasing major gifts and multi-year commitments, as well as corporate sponsorships, as we grow our budget from $1.6M in 2019 to $2M or more in 2021. The Director of Development and Communications will draw on excellent interpersonal skills and a deep commitment to One Family’s mission in order to build strong relationships with our staff, Board members, current and prospective donors, and volunteers.
- Serve as a thought-partner and strategist with One Family leadership to play a key role in shaping our growth trajectory;
- Establish and implement an effective multi-year development and communications strategy with measurable goals and outcomes to increase One Family’s financial resources, visibility, and overall organizational advancement;
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, cultivate relationships with current donors and prospects to increase income and engage new sources of revenue; equip One Family staff and Board members with the tools they need to participate in ongoing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Lead prospect research, identifying opportunities for One Family to grow its presence and donor relationships;
- Create compelling content that increases engagement and investment in One Family’s work and impact;
- Oversee strategy and execution of One Family’s fundraising events;
- Direct One Family’s communications activities, including website, social media, and newsletters;
- Manage one Development and Communications Associate, providing ongoing coaching and professional development; and
- As needed, refine One Family’s development systems and infrastructure for information management.
- Commitment to One Family’s mission and a belief that families who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness can create a better future for themselves and their children;
- Culturally competent, and possessing openness and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences;
- Creative and strategic thinker, with demonstrated success in translating ideas into action and identifying innovative ways to achieve goals;
- Personal success raising major gifts, securing multi-year commitments, and diversifying income sources;
- Success building and stewarding relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders that resulted in increased revenue and engagement;
- Ability to design and execute events of varying scale;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and an ability to develop persuasive content;
- Impeccable judgment and strong decision-making skills; and
- Bachelor’s degree and supervisory experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a resume and brief cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the position qualifications, to [email protected] and include “Director of Development and Communications” in the subject line.
One Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert