Operations Manager - Sacramento
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Higher Education
Postal code: 95817
Country: United States
About College Track
College Track is a national nonprofit that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, students access academic, financial, and social-emotional support along with one-on-one coaching, career exposure, and other holistic growth opportunities. Our uniquely seamless, 10-year commitment to students and individualized approach are the keys to our ongoing transformative impact: College Track students graduate from four-year colleges at double the rate of their low-income and first-generation peers; and, five years after graduation, 87% of alumni earn more than their parents.
Over more than 20 years, College Track has grown from a cohort of 25 students in a single East Palo Alto center to a network of 10 College Track centers across California, Colorado, New Orleans, and the D.C. Metro Area that now serve more than 3,200 students. With a disciplined approach to growth, we have increased the number of students we serve and continuously improved the quality and impact of the services we provide. By 2020, College Track will empower more than 3,650 students as they pursue four-year college degrees and celebrate 750 alumni rising in the workforce as models to their families, friends, and communities.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
The Operations Manager plays a critical role in ensuring all site operations function efficiently and effectively. This position will build and manage the day-to-day of site operations and the administration of finance, human resources and payroll. S/he plays a critical role in the recruitment of new students into the program and in ensuring strong student attendance.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and Manage Site Operations: Successfully manage the day-to-day site operations including office management, technology, facilities and vehicles. This position will manage front desk administration, oversee the inventory of supplies, project manage facility projects, serve as the central point person for managing the inventory of technology and will work with the IT consultant to address technology needs. S/he will also manage the use of College Track vehicles for transporting students home and to field trip destinations. S/he is charged with creating and maintaining a physical environment that is welcoming and motivating to student achievement by overseeing engaging displays, visual data tracking, and spotlights on student achievement.
- Manage the Administration of Finance, Human Resources and Payroll: Support the Site Director with budget development by gathering, analyzing and reporting necessary data; track and process invoices and reimbursements for staff and vendors. Support site supervisors with employee onboarding and orientation; act as an HR and payroll liaison for all employees and volunteer staff.
- Oversee Data Monitoring and Reporting: Serve as the in-house Salesforce expert and lead the tracking, reporting, and follow-up of student attendance. Maintain site dashboards and update information on an ongoing basis using student databases. Lead the student scheduling process on a quarterly basis.
- Support Student Recruitment: Assist the Site Director in the annual student recruitment process including delivering presentations aimed at identifying and recruiting prospective students and overseeing the record keeping process.
- New/Special Projects: Additional projects as assigned by the Site Director.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience managing the operations for an organization, program or school
- Skilled at managing self; reliably prioritizes the highest impact work amongst competing demands, delegates effectively, holds self accountable and produces quality work consistently.
- Skilled at communicating and managing vertically and horizontally. Effective at being able to work across the organization, through influence, to achieve goals
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to create efficient systems for completing work
- Basic aptitude and strong appetite to learn data and technology systems. Experience with Microsoft Office Suites required. Experience with Salesforce or other databases, preferred
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please Apply on our website!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert