Associate Director, Project Management - Strategy and Operations
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: Research
City: New York
Postal code: 10001
State: New York
Country: United States
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD) in our lifetime. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research worldwide, having funded more than $800 million in research projects in academic and industry labs worldwide. We exist to put ourselves out of business, so we deliberately hold no endowment but instead spend what we raise quickly and efficiently; 88 cents of every dollar spent goes directly to research programs. Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various treatment ideas and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. Today, the Foundation has about 150 full-time employees.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various treatment ideas and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD, it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most importantly, people with Parkinson's and their families.
MJFF takes a holistic approach to investing in PD research, providing both intellectual and financial capital to accelerate patient-centered therapeutic development. As part of this strategy, MJFF funds large-scale research initiatives and clinical research studies to address key questions and challenges. The Associate Director position will guide MJFF implementation efforts for several key projects. This position will work closely with internal colleagues from several teams, as well as external stakeholders and will report to the Director, Strategy and Operations. Primary roles and responsibilities include:
Project and Relationship Management: Actively managing tasks, coordinating stakeholders, and executing action plans
- Develop, execute and oversee the implementation of large scale, ongoing or developing initiatives that require collaboration internally with cross-functional colleagues as well as externally with partner organizations
- Serve as center point for internal project coordination: Coordinate and lead meetings (set agendas, take and distribute minutes, track budgets, etc.), solicit buy-in for recommendations, and implement next steps
- Trouble shoot and problem solve as issues arise. Exhibit excellent decision-making, ability to make judgment calls on tough issues, and understanding of when to escalate issues
- Actively evaluate the efficiency and progress towards initiative goals and proactively make suggestions and solicit buy-in for action plan and workflow improvements
• Developed project management skills with 5+ years of experience managing complex projects
• Entrepreneurial mindset; proactive and solutions-focused attitude
• Expert internal and external relationship management skills and with ability to interact with and motivate individuals from all levels of an organization
• Capacity to balance multiple initiatives and prioritize activities
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written, PowerPoint)
• Ability to think big picture and strategically while maintaining excellent attention to detail
• Commitment to teamwork; ability to collaborate and manage projects with and through others • Willingness to adapt when necessary; comfortable with changing business dynamics and priorities
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter. To apply, please click on this link. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert