Grants Assistant, Research Programs
The Micheal J. Fox Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10011
State: New York
Country: United States
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson-s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease in our lifetime.
The Research Programs team, made up of Ph.D. and MD neuroscientists paired with business-trained project managers, manages the Foundation's research portfolio of approximately 250 active grants.
As a Grants Assistant on the Research Programs team, you will be providing support to the Program Officers team in the management of grant-related activities. It is a fast-paced position and one that requires you be meticulous, organized, flexible, and willing to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position must ensure that the activities are well coordinated across the team, other departments, and external stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull together templates/documentation such as contracts, memos, etc. pertinent to processing grants.
- Process grant payments. Activities include but are not limited to: Confirming and entering banking information in grants database, preparing and reviewing payment request documentation for cross-departmental signoff, managing sign-off process, entering payment confirmations, troubleshooting payment issues.
- Engage cross-departmentally with multiple stakeholders to ensure grant payments are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure digital record keeping, file path organization, and management of grant-related documents.
- Perform data-entry such as file path, affiliations, banking information, payment related information and others in grants database.
- Assist with additional Research Programs team initiatives, meeting needs, and special projects as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated experience and interest in providing administrative support.
- Experience with database software required. Experience with Blackbaud Grantmaking a plus.
- Strong computer skills with excellent command of Microsoft Office.
- Must be a professional who is proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess the capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert