Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10013
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Springpoint’s mission is to enable all students, regardless of environment or background, to succeed in high school, college, and beyond.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Springpoint is a national nonprofit organization that supports the design and launch of new, innovative public high schools. Our mission is to enable all students – regardless of environment or background – to succeed in high school, college, and beyond. Since 2013, we have partnered with school districts, school networks, and charter management organizations around the country to rethink the purpose of high school and develop innovative school models tailored to the needs, assets, and aspirations of their students.
We are driven by the promise of student-centered school models and the application of positive youth development in school design and implementation. In our collaborative work with design teams, we guide partners and the stakeholders in their communities to conceptualize new school models, plan for an effective school launch, and strategically plot out iteration points. Our supports are flexible, adaptive, and responsive to each partner’s unique context. We provide support both virtually and in person, and develop learning experiences, tools, and resources that are effective across key design and implementation phases.
Springpoint is housed at the National Center for Civic Innovation in New York City.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Program Associate will help Springpoint’s school and district/CMO partners understand, prepare for, and engage deeply in the organization’s school design and implementation supports as they work to launch new school models that support students on a path to college and beyond. S/he will have strong project management skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate needs and execute project plans and multiple workflows.
The Program Associate will develop, facilitate, and iterate on project plans and systems that enable the delivery of robust programming, including school visits, convenings and events, coaching touchpoints, and more. The program associate will support senior members of the Springpoint team, and the Program Associate will be a team player who can flexibly and enthusiastically plug in wherever support and project management are necessary.
As a small, nimble staff that values collaboration, we are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter who has a flexible, positive, and student-centered mindset. A program associate will:
- Iterate on partner-facing tools, resources, and materials so that they are aligned with existing collateral and organization-wide standards; where applicable, create or prototype new content.
- Travel to schools across the country to support observer teams and conduct low inference observations.
- Synthesize and summarize partner and funder facing reports.
- Convey status of tool and event preparation regularly and monitor all internal and external deadlines, ensuring the timely and smooth execution of projects and events.
- Follow up routinely with multiple stakeholders to steward projects to completion.
- Implement, or when needed develop and implement, project plans, coordinating across internal teams, consultants, and partners.
- Build strong relationships with partners so that they are organized and adequately supported; manage communications with partners related to pre-work and work product follow up.
- Manage the archive of partner work products and content development documents in organization-wide document management system.
New York, NY, with general travel around 40%.
- Strong writing, editing, and listening skills, including the ability to capture conversations and observations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Comfort and experience with technology platforms and solutions that can streamline and support project management.
- Two to four years of work experience; some school-based experience preferred (ideally in a secondary setting).
- Ability to perform and prioritize several concurrent tasks in a timely manner while deftly moving between projects as needs shift—without letting balls drop.
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a team, including managing up and across and having the ability to receive and implement feedback about performance.
- Organizational and productivity skills, a collaborative spirit, and a problem-solving and self-initiating work ethic.
- A strong sense of social purpose and alignment with Springpoint’s mission.
REQUIRED TEAM MINDSETS:
- 100% follow-through: Because of the nature of our service to our partners, it’s critical that we stay on top of all specific tasks and general areas of work and consistently meet our deadlines. We communicate fluidly with each other.
- Attention to detail: Everything going out is polished – meaning accurate (right content, names, partner sites, and times; minimal to no misspellings, grammatical errors, etc.) and precise (reflects nuances, captures the level of detail required, etc.) and “fits” the situation (should have our “look and feel” generally but can be casual when situation calls for it).
- Helper orientation: We’re pretty busy here, and your job is to make it easy for staff and partners to do their jobs; view your work as supporting the whole and integral to the team’s effectiveness. Our tone in written and verbal communications reflects this universally across the team. Because we’re small and need to remain nimble and responsive, the expectation is that we’re fully engaged and connected during the day.
- Positive attitude and flexibility: Approach work with a spirit of “yes” and possibility; strike a positive tone; push work forward through obstacles and adapt quickly as things change.
Salary will be in the $50 - $65K range. Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Springpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek candidates who are as diverse as the students and communities our partners serve.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert