Senior Manager of Development and Grants
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
Postal code: 45202
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
A national movement to improve outcomes for kids in communities across America.
Senior Manager of Development and Grants
OVERVIEW OF STRIVETOGETHER
StriveTogether is a national movement with a clear purpose: helping every child succeed in school and in life from cradle to career, regardless of race, zip code or circumstance. In partnership with nearly 70 communities across the country, StriveTogether provides coaching, resources and rigorous approaches to create opportunities and close gaps in education, housing and so much more. We use data to illuminate problems and solutions, tackle tough conversations and deliver impactful results for 13.7 million children and counting, including 8.6 million children of color.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Grants, the Senior Manager of Development and Grants is responsible for supporting the strategic processes of grant acquisition and grant management. The Senior Manager will be a critical member of the external affairs department and lead development activities to make the grant process effective and efficient. The Senior Manager will be the lead grant writer and provide support in identifying and cultivating prospective foundations through research and relationship development. Working closely with the finance department and programs staff, the Senior Manager also will oversee requirements for incoming grants and clearly communicate about grant initiation, guidelines, deliverables, reporting and other essential measures. Lastly, the Senior Manager will support grants management and administration for the grants that StriveTogether makes to support Cradle to Career Network partners.
- Draft grant proposals with efficiency and accuracy. While writing 25-plus proposals a year, the person in this role must be organized and carefully collaborate with colleagues from other departments.
- Draft reports for review and submission according to grant requirements.
- Develop collateral for investors (e.g., frequently asked questions documents, program descriptions, cases for support, etc.) as requested.
- Provide project management for development-related activities and events.
- Edit proposals completed by other colleagues, checking for editorial style and grammatical accuracy, as well as branding and messaging consistency.
- Maintain and update the donor database (Salesforce) including tracking progress of fundraising activities and inputting call notes and action items.
- Ensure grant initiation follows an established sequence of steps to properly plan for compliance, timely reporting and impact evaluation.
- Serve as the lead for grant reporting, maintaining the calendar and following up as deadlines arise to maintain compliance in reports to investors.
- Request information from colleagues to complete interim and final grant reports.
- Create and maintain a system for generating and tracking prospective funders and keeping abreast of national trends and news with potential for impacting fundraising efforts.
- Lead the grants management components for the 20-30 grants that StriveTogether makes each year to Cradle to Career Network partners.
- 3 to 5 years of experience writing on topics focused on education, racial equity and/or economic mobility, with a preference for development/fundraising writing experience.
- Superb research, analytical, writing and editing skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience communicating complex topics and concepts to audiences with different levels of understanding.
- Ability to synthesize data quickly to produce clear and concise narratives within short timeframes.
- Experience managing multiple deadlines, grants and processes using a development database.
- Experience working with diverse coworkers and across departments to create materials and products.
- Highly organized in planning and managing time to meet continuous deadlines while juggling multiple priorities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and complex environment.
- Willingness to work from StriveTogether’s Cincinnati office.
- Health and dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Short/long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan and discretionary profit sharing
- Term life insurance
- Phone stipend
- Eight company holidays per year plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Paid vacation (three weeks of vacation and four personal days annually)
- Parking on-site at the Cincinnati office
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply online here including your cover letter and resume.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert