Financial Strategy Analyst
Facing History and Ourselves
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02445
Country: United States
Our mission is to engage students of diverse backgrounds in an examination of racism, prejudice, and antisemitism in order to promote the development of a more humane and informed citizenry. By studying the historical development of the Holocaust and other examples of genocide, students make the essential connection between history and the moral choices they confront in their own lives.
Position Overview: Facing History is in the third year of a five-year strategic plan to dramatically increase impact. Under a new CFO, the Finance team has been restructured to bring innovative ideas and financial best practices and solutions to support in the development of financial strategy and organizational infrastructure required to get to the next level of sustainability and impact.
The Financial Strategy Analyst is a newly created position charged with tackling key strategic questions in partnership with the CFO by effectively breaking down the problem, executing analysis and delivering actionable recommendations and supporting implementation where needed. Examples of strategic questions might be “Where should we prioritize our resources?” or “How can we scale this?” or “Can we commoditize this product?” This position will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
Additionally this position will project manage a Finance/Development Data Discovery Project and the projects resulting from the Discovery Project’s recommendations.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Provide financial analysis and strategic recommendations on new initiatives/program/opportunities including cost identification and allocation, revenue/expense analysis
- Synthesize disparate data into meaningful analysis in support of growth and impact goals
- Consult with staff to develop and create financial reports that will assist them in the analysis of their business and decision making
- Determine drivers of various operational and programmatic metrics and income statement line items including detailed expense analysis
- Develop realistic KPIs for that will help with decision making
- Create and propose scenarios, financial modeling and frameworks that allow program, development and other staff to drive to greater impact in their work
- Present financial information for management to better understand the financial and operational performance of the business lines
- Develop and maintain dashboards and key metrics to monitor performance across key indicators
Systems Management and Improvement
- Assist with or lead special projects that are central to improving analytical tools, internal processes, and the overall management of decision process
- Evaluate processes/systems/data and drive for continuous improvement
- Assist with other analytical assignments
- Analytical – able to develop frameworks for evaluating problems and have the technical skills to run an analysis to ground
- Driven – must possess an insatiable curiosity and determination to deliver on high impact goals. Able to move forward with imperfect information
- Articulate – able to distill complex topics and communicate them clearly to a variety of audiences
- Persevering – able to maneuver through a complex organization and understand the need to begin every project plan with the change management roadmap.
- Collaborative – able to work with numerous stakeholders and lead projects without official authority.
- Affable and Adaptable – able to meet resistance with good humor and a back-up plan.
- 1+ year as Analyst, 4-5 years experience in field
- Masters Degree in Business, Finance, or other related field
- Fluency in excel-based financial modeling
- Data analytics experience
- Experience communicating complex analyses to different audiences
- Knowledge of SalesForce, AccuFund or similar accounting platform preferred
- Passion for the work of Facing History and the field of education
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking, and a friendly work environment.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://facinghistory.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/e96d2434-c8d1-61fa-30d8-aa59cb2fef65/apply?source=1090143-CS-27676
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert