Chief Program Officer (CPO)
Hildebrand Family Self-Help Center
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Housing/Shelter
Postal code: 02139
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Hildebrand partners with families experiencing homelessness. We provide shelter, permanent housing, work readiness programs and life skill development. We restore hope and build brighter futures.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic person with strong leadership skills who enjoys growing and building programs. This person will drive new program and staff development, outcome measurement, and carefully monitor the progress toward those efforts. The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will be someone who is excited about the opportunity to make a signification contribution to a growing organization that serves the most vulnerable families in the community.
The CPO will oversee prevention and intervention programs and activities related to stabilization, services and partnerships that address budgeting and income; language, education, employment; housing search; health and wellness; and family/community supports systems. The CPO will report to the Chief Executive Officer, and join a six member senior management team that is excited about expanding its capacity to address the barriers to ending homelessness. The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will join a highly collaborative organization, and directly supervise 5 managers that support the primary functions of the department, and oversee a staff of 57 employees, as well as direct the services delivered to families, and manage the resources that support them. The CPO evaluates program outcomes, and expected to have a vision for program development and strategies for reducing barriers
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Leadership and Management
- The Chief Program Officer has overall responsibility for all direct care staff, their supervisors as well as program administrative/support staff.
- The CPO is expected to attract, retain, train, supervise, coach, and be committed to the professional development of his/her staff. Hold self and others accountable for high quality work, and achievement of goals.
- Develop work performance goals related to expected client outcomes for: Emergency Shelter, Stabilization Services, and Client Education & Training
- Monitor scope of services requirements of DHCD contract, and ensure compliance with targets and expected deliverables.
- Prepare grant reports (finance and otherwise) for review by CEO or designees so that timely and accurate reporting occurs.
- Develop and implement procedures for monitoring the quality and quantity of the services being delivered for adherence to outputs, outcomes, goals, expected standards of care, and to meet grant deliverables.
- Monitor and report monthly on program outcomes. Analyze and modify interventions as necessary to ensure Hildebrand achieves desired impact on barrier reduction and long term self-sufficiency goals.
- Build external relationships, collaborations and partnerships with other organizations in order to broaden services for families.
- Manage relationships with key funders and partner organizations. Suggest targets of new relationships to CEO.
- Support the fund development efforts through site visits, program presentations, events, participation in grant writing, etc.
- Develop and implement policies that ensure clients receive services as defined by the scope of services to be delivered in government contracts and other grants, and as otherwise required by the organization.
- Develop and monitor the program budget. Monitor budget, and program expenditures.
- Meet regularly with CFO and CEO to review contract expenditures and ensure appropriate allocation of resources.
- Provide information to the finance department that is necessary for ensuring timely billing of all contracts and interactions with contractors.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Health, Social Work, Human Services Management, or related field, additional credentials a plus (e.g. LICSW, Ph.D.)
- 8-10 years progressive management experience in a non-profit service environment.
- Analytical, with demonstrated experience in program evaluation and application of outcome measurements, and best practices.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with experience with building programs and collaborations. Prefer experience in the creation, implementation, evaluation, and management of programs for underserved communities.
- Innovative and creative.
- Practical knowledge of the effects of trauma, social injustice and persistent poverty and enjoys building programs that help individuals and/or families gain pathways out. Understanding of homelessness and housing systems a plus.
- Player/coach, effective at delegation, and holding self and others accountable.
- Must be organized and have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to persuade others.
- Ability to create and implement systems throughout the service delivery system and multiple locations.
- Experience with government contracts, contract management and compliance
- Ability to motivate and build relationships and partnerships at all levels, both internal and external.
- Must be a proven strategic thinker, problem solver, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience working with a wide range of people from diverse ethnic, social and cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to function as an effective change agent, bringing people along to create organizational improvement
- Adept at conceptualizing and creating processes and procedures for prioritizing and evaluating options in services and budgets
- Ability to find common ground and craft creative solutions when negotiating with partners, contractors and stakeholders
Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, professional development stipend, paid time off & holidays, sick time pay, employee referral bonuses, and much much more
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply online by going https://www.hild-selfhelp.org/about-hildebrand/working-at-hildebrand
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert