Senior Grant Writer & Consultant
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
Postal code: 20001
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Elevate works with effective and ambitious nonprofits to build their grants programs over time.We form in-depth partnerships with clients all over the country to make life easier for their leaders, improve their program outcomes, and build more sustainable organizations.
Elevate is a small business serving a critical niche in the nonprofit sector. Our unique model allows us to provide affordable and impactful foundation fundraising strategy and grant writing capacity to our roughly 85 clients – lean and effective nonprofits in need of sustainable funding to carry out their social change missions.
Elevate seeks skilled grant writers with the confidence, flexibility, and persistence to consult nonprofit organizations on institutional fundraising. Our senior grant writers and consultants ("team Directors") support 5-6 client teams, serve as the key Elevate liaison with each client, foster strong client relationships, develop and execute a custom fundraising strategy for each client, and oversee the work of junior staff. Strong candidates have at least four years of experience in foundation fundraising, including writing and submitting grants for nonprofits, mentoring junior staff, and developing and executing an effective fundraising strategy. We seek effective institutional fundraisers – nonprofit grant writers, managers of institutional giving, and development managers – to join our young and growing team.
As a team Director at Elevate you will:
- Build smart, effective institutional fundraising programs that increase the impact of nonprofits of many different sizes and focuses;
- Make high-impact strategic decisions to support your clients;
- Manage and mentor early career development professionals who are eager to learn from you about institutional fundraising;
- Manage competing demands from your clients and your teams with diplomacy and poise:
- Learn constantly from your clients, your teams, your peers, and your supervisors.
- Develop and implement comprehensive institutional fundraising strategies in close partnership with clients that establish short- and long-term goals, prospecting priorities, and systems for cultivation and stewardship;
- Lead 5-6 client teams in collaboration with junior staff;
- Maintain strong relationships with clients by consistently delivering high-quality work on a reasonable and professional timeline within Elevate’s contracted scope of work for that client;
- Mentor and support junior staff;
- Draft proposals, reports, LOIs, and concept papers to ensure highly strategic writing on the most complex proposals or reports.
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Have 4-5 years of nonprofit development experience, including significant experience in institutional giving and grant writing;
- Have experience managing a team or mentoring other professionals;
- Be a flexible and solution-oriented team player who is excited by new projects and challenges;
- Demonstrate excellent nonprofit strategy, writing, and argumentation skills;
- Enjoy mentoring junior staff by articulating strategic considerations as well as providing constructive feedback and professional advice;
- Be an effective and decisive leader;
- Have patience, poise, humor, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves with our clients;
- Embody Elevate’s company values.
$60k - 65k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply online: https://elevatedeffect.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=18&source=brid
Your resume and cover letter should detail the following:
- Relevant skills and experience;
- Your interest in the position, including your interest in advancing in your career at Elevate, specifically;
- Your professional strengths;
- Examples of your experience in developing and implementing an effective institutional fundraising strategy;
- Evidence of your alignment with our company values.
Posted By: Elevate, LLC
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert