Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement
The Governor's Academy
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 01922
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
The Governor’s Academy, founded in 1763 on New England farmland, combines centuries of tradition with a dedication to educational innovation. Students flourish in a diverse community distinguished by enduring relationships with teachers and defined by a commitment to learning and a thoughtful balance of academics, athletics, arts and service to others. Academy graduates are life-long learners who embrace their civic duty and global responsibility.
Why The Governor’s Academy?
In 2014, Governor’s launched With True Courage, The Campaign for Governor’s. Since its commencement, the Academy has realized tremendous fundraising success, raising over $50million of a $75 million goal in support of The Governor’s Fund (annual fund), funding endowment, and various capital projects.
As we embark on year five of seven of With True Courage there is no better time to join the Governor’s community! Participation in The Governor’s Fund is already a point of pride for our recent graduates, and now, you have the unique opportunity to take this program and make it your own. What we are doing here matters, and we cannot do it without you!
The ideal candidate will establish and implement strategic plans to accomplish fundraising and engagement goals for Governor’s most recent graduates, the senior class, and select reunion classes. This person will oversee interactions with volunteers and alumni to achieve desired dollar and participation goals and enhance volunteer and alumni engagement. In addition, this person will oversee an active student philanthropy program that educates about the importance of philanthropy. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement will also work closely with the Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement to manage and execute meaningful and successful programming for young alumni events.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities- The Governor’s Fund
- Collaborate with the Director of Annual Giving in the strategy and execution of a comprehensive young alumni fundraising program, with an emphasis on participation, reunion fundraising, and volunteer-driven fundraising.
- Develop annual and multi-year plans; create appropriate goals, timetables, gift tables, and participation targets to accomplish individual class fundraising goals for The Governor’s Fund.
- Plan and implement the solicitation of assigned prospects.Conduct personal visits to achieve established visit and fundraising goals.
- Recruit and manage class agents for young alumni classes. Provide volunteers with tools, guidelines and information to lead successful class fundraising drives.
- Assist in the general Governor’s Fund operations including, but not limited to planning of direct mail, email and telephone solicitation programs, and strategy sessions with other members of The Governor’s Fund team and the Marketingand Communications team.
- Conduct regular visits on college campuses with large concentrations of Governor’s alumni to engage and educate about the importance of philanthropy.
- Create and executea senior class fundraising campaign for the Governor’s Fund which includes the senior class gift and the 100 day celebration.
- Manage all aspects of the 5th, 10th, and 15th reunion classes including the recruitment of reunion committees and a comprehensive class fundraising and outreach plan.
- Actively steward alumni who make gifts to The Governor’s Fund via handwritten thank you notes, emails or letters.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities- Young Alumni Engagement Initiatives
- In close collaboration with the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement, manage and execute engagement programming and events for our young alumni.Events may include Boston Summer Young Alumni Gathering, Milestone Stop at the Grog, and the Collegiate Alumni Career Workshop, and alumni games.
- Plan and execute student engagement events such as the 100 Day Celebration for seniors.
- Partner with the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement to welcome our graduating seniors and to educate them about the alumni network. Assist with planning the Alumni Association Welcome Dinner for the senior class.
- In collaboration with Alumni and Parent Engagement Director, manage young alumni reunion programming.
- Continually seek ways to meaningfully engage young alumni in the life of the Academy.
- Participate in biweekly Alumni and Parent Engagement team meetings.
- Participate in Alumni Council meetings when appropriate.
- Coordinate young alumni communications in partnership with the Director of Annual Giving, the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement, and the Marketing and Communications Office.
Essential Qualifications and Skills Required for the Position
- Three years of professional experience preferred in annual giving, alumni engagement, event planning, and volunteer management. Independent school experience is a plus.
- Direct experience with event production including events logistics, communications, and vendor management.
- Willingness to solicit for participation-level gifts both in person and over the phone.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work collegially; must be committed to working in a diverse community and have the ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations; must enjoy working with young people in a boarding school environment.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, articulate, personable, and well-organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills are essential.
- A solid understanding of social media engagement strategies is required.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends and travel to off-campus locations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Raisers Edge is a plus.
Benefits are available with this position.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply for the Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement position, please
Click here. Cover letter and resume are required.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert