Director of Philanthropy, East Coast
World Bicycle Relief
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 00000
State: New York
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through The Power of Bicycles. We are committed to helping people conquer the challenge of distance, achieve independence and thrive.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Imagine if what stood between you and a quality education was a seven mile walk to school through rough terrain. Imagine running that distance instead of walking because it kept you safer. This is the reality for millions of children, including more than 600 million living in rural areas of developing countries. But with a bicycle, everything changes.
World Bicycle Relief ("WBR"), founded in 2005 in partnership with the premier bicycle component manufacturer SRAM in direct response to the Indian Ocean tsunami disaster, mobilizes people through the power of bicycles. To date, WBR has designed and distributed over 450,000 life-changing "Buffalo Bicycles" to students, health workers, and entrepreneurs in 15 developing countries around the world. The impact is immediate: More students graduate. More goods are transported in less time. More healthcare workers see more patients. The bike is a powerful economic engine that helps communities thrive.
WBR generates approximately $15 million in revenues per year, approximately one-third of which come from the sale of bicycles, with the remainder coming from philanthropic fundraising activities. WBR has set an ambitious goal of doubling in size over the next three years.
For more information on this inspirational social enterprise, please visit: www.worldbicyclerelief.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
Representing WBR on the East Coast, the Director of Philanthropy ("DP") is a new position that will focus on building WBR's community of individual major donors and corporate partners in the region to increase awareness and drive revenue.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Philanthropy, the DP will be a critical player in WBR's long-term growth strategy. The DP will partner with the organization's strong global marketing and fundraising teams to achieve their goals and reach WBR's bold ambitions as an organization.
Specifically, the DP will:
- Develop a regional fundraising strategy that targets major donors and corporate partners to contribute to WBR's global fundraising goals
- Build relationships and create unique and meaningful stewardship plans for a robust portfolio of individual donors
- Create opportunities, activities, and events, including trips abroad, to attract new donors, engage current donors, and build the WBR brand on the East Coast
- Develop innovative partnerships with corporations, foundations, affinity groups, and other organizations that can unlock new audiences and revenue
- Become an expert on WBR programs and share the impact of its work with donors in authentic and compelling ways
- Manage donor data to track performance, giving trends, identify new opportunities for revenue, and drive efficiencies
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Minimum of five years of fundraising experience, with a proven track record of closing multiple five- and six-figure gifts, and reaching revenue targets
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills geared toward sophisticated donor audiences including individual and corporate donors
- Insights and expertise on the philanthropic landscape across New York City and the East Coast
- Knowledge of international development issues, particularly in Africa, strongly preferred
- Ability and desire to attend several donor cultivation trips to WBR program sites around the world per year
- Solid experience in and disciplined approach to leveraging donor databases (preferably Salesforce)
- A passion for WBR's mission and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-motivated attitude and comfort working remotely
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
World Bicycle Relief is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all its employees.
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert