Senior Director, Fellowship Programs
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: Open
Country: United States
The Internet Society supports and promotes the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society.
Our work aligns with our goals for the Internet to be open, globally-connected, secure, and trustworthy. We seek collaboration with all who share these goals.
Together, we focus on:
- Building and supporting the communities that make the Internet work;
- Advancing the development and application of Internet infrastructure, technologies, and open standards; and
- Advocating for policy that is consistent with our view of the Internet
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world.
About the Position
As part of the Internet Society’s long-standing commitment to capacity building and Internet development, we are launching two new flagship fellowship programs. These programs will cultivate Internet decision-makers, technical experts, and influencers around the globe in the technical and policy areas that contribute to the future development of the Internet. These are small, highly selective programs that will provide experts and influencers unparalleled access to leaders across the sector and the ability to collaborate amongst each other. The Senior Director will lead the design, build, implementation and oversee a fellowships team to execute on all aspects of the new fellowships program. The Senior Director of Fellowship Programs will be responsible for achieving the following outcomes:
Lead a team of experts to curate the fellowship programming for the new flagship programs
- Recruit, build and oversee a fellowships team that will execute on all aspects of the new fellowship programs.
- Coordinate with key ISOC leadership to ensure programs are fully aligned with organizational goals.
Execute fellowship programming that cultivates a group of global and cross-functional leaders
- Build the infrastructure, create the agenda, set the schedule, and finalize detailed fellowship program curriculum's and in-person cohort experiences.
- Finalize application launch, review, and selection processes for two fellowship programs with first cohorts selected in 2020.
- Develop alumni management activities for growing network of fellowship alumni.
- Manage ongoing execution of flagship fellowship programs, including regular impact assessment, evaluation and refinement.
Foster Partnerships across public, private and nonprofit sectors to the deepen impact of fellows
- Actively engage with ISOC community chapters and members to build support and get feedback on the programs
- Cultivate key partners—within the Internet community, private sector, foundations, donors, government, and academic institutions—to help deliver on the Fellowship strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, alumni, staff, and partner organizations to maximize the impact of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Director of Fellowship Programs will:
- Work closely with the leadership of the Internet Society to creatively design and refine the objectives and desired outcomes for the flagship Fellowship Programs.
- Ensure that the Fellowship programming is fully consistent with and aligned to the broader strategy of the Internet Society.
- Collaborate with a broad set of organizations and individuals, both inside and outside of the region, to build networks that can support the execution of fellowship programming.
- Coordinate with and leverage the assets of other Internet Society teams—Communications, Partnerships, Human Resources, Finance, Legal—to drive programs to optimal outcomes.
- Successfully execute project management functions to help the Fellowships Team execute both short- and long-term objectives.
- Maintain a detailed budget for the full Fellowship Program.
- Manage internal and external collaborators, such as contractors, consultants, and interns, to facilitate the timely and successful completion of delegated activities and deliverables.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience working in similar position.
- Deep and demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of the Internet Society.
- Strong relationships with leading Internet institutions (e.g. Internet industry, technical and policy organizations, civil society groups) and long-standing credibility within the broader Internet community and ecosystem.
- Experience in leadership development and curriculum development.
- Exceptional project management skills: effectively plans and manages long-term projects and competing priorities while communicating effectively with others to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Track record of designing strategies that target specific goals and executing effectively on those strategies
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing global team.
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues responsible for the logistical, budgetary and planning elements program management.
- Experience developing and maintaining large budgets.
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment and to work effectively across different teams.
- Experience and confidence necessary to represent the Internet Society effectively and professionally in national, regional and international forums.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator, comfortable making presentations, excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Be available and willing to travel extensively.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Information about the Internet Society and its activities may be found at http://www.InternetSociety.org.
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply at https://internetsociety.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert