Manager, Foundation & Corporate Relations
National Organization on Disability
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Employment
City: New York
Postal code: 10005
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The National Organization on Disability (NOD) is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the full participation of America’s 56 million people with disabilities in all aspects of life. NOD is a leader in helping corporate America transform their human capital policies, programs and practices to increase the hiring, engagement, development and retention of individuals with disabilities. While the quality of life for people with disabilities in this country has improved dramatically in the quarter of a century since the Americans with Disabilities Act, there is one critical exception: access to the workforce. The employment rate for working aged Americans with disabilities today is just 20%, virtually unchanged since the end of World War II.
Our work with clients is a critical part of achieving NOD’s mission by helping create the conditions where people with disabilities can succeed and thrive in the corporate world. We use what we learn through this work to raise awareness and ultimately change public opinion about the value of this untapped talent pool. Our services include our data-driven Disability Employment Tracker™, an assessment and benchmarking tool and a variety of advisory services designed to deliver solutions to meet our clients’ disability inclusion needs. Our Corporate Leadership Council brings employers together to learn from NOD experts and each other.
By changing practices of employers, building leading practices and market-shaping thought leadership, and establishing enduring relationships with the corporate world, we expand employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities across the U.S. and create impact on a broad scale.
The Manager, Foundation & Corporate Relations will be a key member of NOD’s External Affairs team and will hold two important responsibilities:
- Develop, recommend and execute a plan to identify, cultivate and acquire new funding prospects among large private philanthropic foundations and corporate foundations, and manage the process of stewarding existing funding relationships to maximize their potential.
- Drive the growth of NOD’s corporate membership council through targeted outreach, stewardship, and engaging programming.
The incumbent will shape and execute strategies to identify, attract, acquire, engage and retain both philanthropic funders of NOD programs and corporate buyers of NOD services. The position reports to the Director of External Affairs.
Key elements of success in this role will be:
- Success in writing compelling, audience-specific proposals, reports, presentations, and letters to engage funders in supporting NOD’s work.
- Researching and identifying high potential new prospects in NOD’s target philanthropic and corporate markets.
- Success in building and sustaining relationships with philanthropic funders.
- Recommending and managing outreach to build awareness and preference for NOD and support colleagues’ cultivation and acquisition of new philanthropic funders, new corporate members of NOD’s Corporate Leadership Council, and new corporate buyers of NOD services.
- Developing and operating methodical systems of stewardship that maintain funders’ and corporate members’ engagement in NOD activities, commitment to NOD’s mission and their own progress in advancing disability employment and inclusion.
- Under direction of the Director of External Affairs and President, create, recommend and execute an annual development plan to identify, cultivate and acquire new funding opportunities to meet NOD’s contributed revenue goals
- Conduct background research to guide strategies for approaching potential funders
- Provide strategic guidance to the President, Director of External Affairs and other team members and create opportunities for them to connect with high potential funding prospects
- Coordinate across departments to vet ideas for new potential initiatives and partnerships
- Maintain and enhance relationships with NOD funders, including:
- Track funder reporting requirements and assuring the delivery of quality and timely reports and renewal proposals
- Maintain personal contact with key counterparts
- Maintain schedules and other supports to assure that the CEO and other appropriate NOD staff keep in touch with their counterparts at partner organizations and other alliances at planned intervals throughout the year
- Drive the systems and processes to support meeting board giving goals
- Identify and pursue opportunities for deeper engagement with each partner organization, including exploring sponsorship opportunities
- Working across the organization, create and assemble fundraising proposals; have primary responsibility for writing proposals, reports, and letters.
- Manage the systems to support effective fundraising, including:
- Ensure that NOD’s fundraising database (eTapestry) is up to date with accurate and complete information on NOD funders. Provide reports as needed.
- Prepare materials for fundraising meetings
- Produce appropriate and timely acknowledgements for contributions received
- Support the growth of NOD’s Corporate Leadership Council and deliver programming aimed at Council members
- Spearhead the delivery of innovative content and exclusive networking opportunities for NOD corporate members
- Manage a portfolio of Council member relationships
- Recommend refinements and additions to member benefits
- Partner with the Managing Director of Employer Services to identify targets and recommend cultivation strategies for each
- Support the development and vibrancy of relationships with NOD’s strategic allies, notably other disability-related organizations; represent NOD, as needed, at conferences, meetings, and/or site visits
- Additional responsibilities, as directed
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Submit a letter of interest and resume to [email protected].
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert