Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF) is a 30-year-old education and youth development organization located in Central Harlem, with a site location in Brooklyn. We are poised for growth and innovation. We work with motivated students to develop their intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values, and personal resiliency. Our core values: Achievement, Education, Innovation and Leadership --- embody our work culture. Our goal is to transform the communities we serve into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms.
In this newly created position, we are looking for an experienced HR Professional to join our HEAF team! This role will be responsible for implementing an inclusive purpose-driven culture whereby everyone involved is striving to perform at their best every day. To create this inclusive environment, we believe it is necessary for us to examine our current HR practices and make bold changes. This position is critical to the organization and reports directly to the CEO.
The HR Professional’s focus will be to build a Human Capital strategy and implement sound HR practices that deliver on our objectives. The successful candidate will achieve this through automation, superior vendor services with the support of management.
You will undertake a wide range of HR tasks including: developing and organizing training, improving the administration of employee benefits, developing and updating HR policies and partnering with vendors to improve the current service provided to reduce risks associated with confidential information.
This position will also partner with HEAF leaders to build a pipeline of qualified attract candidates who will add to the team’s capabilities and organization culture.
• Influencing and driving the people agenda.
• Helping a team and individuals achieve maximum potential as well as addressing issues when performance is not at a high level/ or to its maximum potential.
• Establishing engagement methods that better facilitate teams to work effectively across the enterprise.
• Designing and building an organization capable of executing the strategic direction.
• Solving problems that lie at the interface of technology, people and performance.
• Increasing innovation and efficiencies across the organization’s process