Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF) is a 30-year-old education and youth development organization located in Central Harlem, with a site location in Brooklyn. We are poised for growth and innovation. We work with motivated students to develop their intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values, and personal resiliency. Our core values: Achievement, Education, Innovation and Leadership --- embody our work culture. Our goal is to transform the communities we serve into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer who will act as the primary liaison to the HEAF community and externally, interfacing with senior and professional staff members, board members and funders. The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer will perform broad, confidential, and time-sensitive work assignments and is responsible for the daily coordination of meetings and the daily operations within the Office of the CEO with evolving business needs and high energy. The role is responsible for coordinating the Chief Executive Officer's calendar, engagements and logistics supporting her leadership of the organization with a strong command of computer skills, empathy, and flexibility. This position promotes a welcoming and productive working environment for all internal and external constituents.
The Executive Assistant role involves several functions:
· Calendaring: maintaining, coordinating, and updating, CEO’s calendar for meetings, appointments, travel, and visits.
· Board work: acting as a Board of Directors’ liaison for meetings, sending out materials and taking minutes for meetings.
· Expenses: managing and processing the CEO’s expense reports for review and payment.
· Contacts: creating updates and maintains user-friendly contact database.
· Event planning: for CEO small events.
· Providing other administrative support as needed.