Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02459
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
FitMoney has built a free, K-12 curriculum that connects financial literacy concepts and real-world financial experience to empower youth with the knowledge and skills that can lead to better financial outcomes. By integrating the free FitMoney curriculum into the Common Core, we see an opportunity to maximize impact, replicability, and long-term sustainability while minimizing the need for additional resources.
Founded in 2016, FitMoney, Inc. is a Newton, Massachusetts-based non-profit organization dedicated to elevating financial literacy in New England and across the United States. To have impact at scale, FitMoney believes that financial literacy education must be adopted and integrated into K-12 education. To facilitate this goal, FitMoney has developed a comprehensive K-12 approach including curriculum that is aligned to the Common Core.
Based on research that financial habits are formed early in life, FitMoney introduces simple concepts beginning in Kindergarten, and then reinforces and deepens these lessons with 5-6 lessons per annum through high school. Acknowledging that young people’s financial habits are influenced by the grownups around them, FitMoney’s program also includes financial lessons for families and for teachers. To reinforce the importance of earning and saving, FitMoney offers a $50 match to families for 529 college savings plans and a 403(b)-retirement savings match to educators.
FitMoney launched a pilot program in several Massachusetts school districts (SY2017-2018) with positive results, has completed development of its K-12 curriculum, and is currently seeking rapid expansion.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have strategic and operational responsibility for the rapid expansion of FitMoney’s program. FitMoney seeks an entrepreneurial, growth-minded executive director who can fulfill multiple objectives:
- Achieve rapid adoption of curriculum among public school districts, private schools, broad-based afterschool programs, etc.
- Oversee development of a technology platform that will be easily accessible to teachers/instructors and will enable FitMoney to track results longitudinally.
- Fundraise at an institutional level to support FitMoney’s expansion and matching programs.
- Advocate for policy changes at the state and national levels.
- Develop strategic alliances with other organizations promoting financial literacy.
- Build capacity to create organizational sustainability and position FitMoney for growth.
- Be the public face of FitMoney and promote the organization through marketing campaigns and social media to increase awareness among teachers, administrators, parents, and students.
Leadership & Management:
- Build the organization to be sustainable and positioned for growth by managing FitMoney’s curriculum developers and seeking to further grow the organization, including the development of policies and standard operating procedures.
- Develop required internal capacity and systems needed to meet current demands and future growth projections.
- Actively engage and energize FitMoney volunteers, board members, teachers and district partners.
- Develop strong community collaboration and partners to support this work – to include local banks, local social service organizations, etc.
- Support a strong Board of Directors: seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the broader rollout.
- Engage families and the broader community in the process of developing financially fit kids.
- Advance and ensure effective metrics to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, to effectively communicate progress to the board, partners, donors, and other constituents.
- Manage the administrative tasks of operating a nonprofit organization.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand fundraising activities to support existing program operations and national expansion. Develop fundraising presentations and cultivate relationships with donors.
- Develop the FitMoney brand. Manage all aspects of communications from continuing to update the website, developing promotional material, building and growing a social media presence, etc.
Planning & New Business:
- Cultivate and cement strategic alliances with other organizations in the financial literacy space.
- Market FitMoney’s curriculum to school districts, schools, and broad-based afterschool programs to allow for rapid expansion.
The ED must be thoroughly committed to FitMoney’s mission and must have an entrepreneurial and growth-minded approach. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Strong track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based nonprofit organization
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to hire effectively, coach others, develop teams, and set and achieve strategic objectives in a timely manner
- Experience in policy, planning and oversight at the state and national level
- Marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Proven fundraising experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, self-directed, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Background or experience in education in order to effectively increase adoption of FitMoney’s program and to develop a technology platform that will be adopted by teachers
- Proven ability to create and manage a budget
- Analytical ability to develop systems to track outcomes and provide outcomes analysis
- Advanced degree preferred but not required
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send of letter of interest and resume to Linda Bent at [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert