Chief Marketing Officer
Center on Addiction
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10017
State: New York
Country: United States
We transform how our nation addresses addiction by empowering families, advancing effective care, shaping public policy, and changing culture.
Center on Addiction (Center) merged with Partnership for Drug-Free Kids in January 2019 and is the nation’s leading science-based nonprofit dedicated to transforming how the nation addresses addiction. As part of this merger, Center on Addiction is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to shape and lead the new organization’s marketing, communications and pro-bono advertising initiatives. It is a unique chance to build upon and grow the iconic public-service advertising and direct-to-family resources, and at the same time extend and raise awareness of Center on Addiction’s record of groundbreaking research.
The CMO has management responsibility for all internal and external marketing functions. A mix of start-up and mission-based experience is helpful. Personal attributes sought include: high levels of creativity, energy, positivity, honesty, communication, cooperation and drive.
Our CMO leads the full marketing lifecycle: Campaign design, execution, monitoring, optimization and analysis.
A candidate’s digital-marketing experience should be comprehensive, battle-tested and current. We expect experience with developing and implementing strategies across multiple digital marketing channels including, digital advertising, social media, email marketing, website strategy, content marketing and search (Ad Words and SEO), retargeting and, preferably, some experience with online donor engagement.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO's primary responsibility is to generate awareness and user engagement with Center on Addiction’s vast resources and research through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, product marketing, marketing communications, pro-bono advertising and public relations.
The CMO ensures the organization's message is distributed across channels and targeted to specific audiences, including health care providers, policymakers and donors.
Chief Marketing Officer Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing and overseeing all marketing, communications and advertising campaigns.
- Mentoring, growing and developing the in-house marketing team.
- Liaising with leadership of Advocacy, Development and Research teams to align objectives.
- Building and overseeing a digital analytics team to gather user feedback regarding research and services.
- Helping to define goals and objectives in marketing research to identify new ways to grow user engagement and increase public awareness of organization’s mission and resources.
- Overseeing relationship with outside media-buying agency to maximize impact of $80-100 million worth of media donations each year and identify new digital tools to increase media reach.
- Guiding both in-house and external creative teams – including Creative Review Board comprised of advertising industry experts – to design ad briefs and oversee teams’ management of advertising production.
- Growing and overseeing content marketing team, in coordination with other departments, and ensuring that new, relevant materials are continually available to users.
- Overseeing the company’s media buying relationships including social media and all methods of pro-bono advertising.
- Managing budget.
- Coordinating the implementation of brand architecture review and ensure ongoing consistency across all channels and messaging.
- Setting up business processes and metrics and creating an overall marketing dashboard to share with Leadership.
- Overseeing corporate communications to deliver a brand-consistent message.
- Developing new partnership relationships and strengthening existing ones.
Chief Marketing Officer Requirements:
- A Master's degree in marketing or related field or an MBA preferred.
- More than 10 years of proven experience in a senior marketing manager role with track record of success.
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing techniques, platforms and principles.
- Understands changing market dynamics and prepares the company by developing and implementing strategies to meet the changes in the marketplace.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation, project management and team management abilities.
- Adjusts to change smoothly and rapidly.
- Has strong interpersonal skills as well as negotiation and persuasion abilities.
- Possesses excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Has the ability to network and leverage contacts effectively.
Center on Addiction offers a competitive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, defined contribution retirement plan and more to eligible employees.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert