Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10036
State: New York
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students.
APPLY HERE at KIPP Careers ONLY Senior Writer
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Writer will focus on the following tasks, as part of a larger, integrated team-wide communication strategic plan:
- Research, write, and edit effective written materials related to the KIPP Foundation and its mission to diverse audiences within established deadlines
- Review written content for accuracy, grammar, and editorial style
- Collaborate with key KIPP Foundation and KIPP regional stakeholders to develop, write, and edit written communications materials for KIPP’s 29 regions
- Collaborate with the Communications Team to provide guidance, counsel to KIPP Foundation leadership and on an as-needed basis to regions on crisis communications
- Draft talking points for internal KIPP Foundation and KIPP Network stakeholders
He/she is a member of the Policy and Public Affairs team, itself comprised of: Communications, Federal Advocacy and Policy, Local Policy, Community Engagement, Marketing and Alumni Impact and Leadership. The Senior Writer will work collaboratively within these team functions, and in close coordination with the Office of the CEO.
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Excellent relationship builder with demonstrated experience managing stakeholders
- Exceptional planning and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Disciplined, data-informed approach to decision-making and problem-solving
- Bachelors or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years of experience
- Passion for KIPP’s mission and values and educational equity
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment, using a combination of analysis and careful judgment to provide effective written content to complement proactive and reactive communications initiatives and campaigns.
- New York City location preferred
- Full-time, exempt role
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. KIPP also offers a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and Paid Time Off, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Click the link to apply!!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert