Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students.
Apply online at KIPP Careers ONLY
Key Responsibilities and Duties
To manage the Federal & philanthropic pass-through grant administration process, the grants administrator will:
- Manage the Federal & philanthropic pass-through grant administration process.
- Design and manage to project plans and accompanying deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with Development team to bring grant opportunity from concept to reality.
- Assist with implementing web-based grant management system.
To ensure compliant usage and timely payment of grant funds, the grants administrator will:
- Provide timely and professional customer service in response to inquiries regarding grant status, compliance, and procedures, and future opportunities.
- Review and approve spending plans; monitor budget and forecast for each grant opportunity.
- Issue grant payments and accompanying grant correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate risk assessments and conduct monitoring site visits of KIPP regions and schools.
To ensure grant files, reports, and other documentation are up-to-date and organized, the grants administrator will:
Create and maintain grant files that meet legal, auditing, and foundation requirements.
- Coordinate grant reporting, including collecting and reviewing data from grantees.
- Document grant processing procedures and strive to make grant administration processes as efficient and effective as possible.
- Achievement Orientation
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized and manage deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to perform tasks independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Continuous improvement-driven, systems thinker that is comfortable with ambiguity
- Continuous Learning
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, and implement regulatory policy
- Planning and Execution
- Strength in project management
- Stakeholder Management
- Strength in working across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with web-based grant management systems (Salesforce) preferred.
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert