Assistant Director of Literacy
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 19144
Country: United States
Our mission is that all students learn the academic and personal skills they need to be truly prepared for postsecondary success and able to pursue their dreams.
Mastery schools are joyful, authentic communities where students learn how to think critically and act independently so they are truly prepared for postsecondary success.
Student Achievement — Above All
Student achievement is the civil rights issue of our time and the reason we exist. Each staff member is responsible for our students’ success.
We serve students and their families first. Our business is their success.
The High Road
We do the right thing. We are fair and treat folks with respect.
Our students’ futures are at stake – we don’t give up. We do more with less. If it doesn’t work, we fix it. We find a way.
Joy and Humor
Our positive, caring culture supports student and staff success. We like fun. We love to laugh.
We face reality, communicate honestly and respectfully, and hold each other accountable.
Everybody is welcome to talk to anybody. We are open and transparent.
We seek a better way – always. We are engaged in an ongoing cycle of goal setting, action, measurement, and analysis.
We are in this together. We may disagree, but at the end of the day, we support each other 100%.
The Assistant Director of Elementary & Middle Years Literacy ensures that Mastery Charter elementary and middle school students, across all schools, produce breakthrough results in reading and writing as measured by state college-readiness assessments. The Assistant Director reports directly to Director of Elementary & Middle Years Literacy and provides support to school leaders, drives a network strategy for literacy, and manages a high-functioning team to ensure we realize our mission of supporting students’ postsecondary success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of and an ability to hold an incredibly high bar for elementary and middle school literacy academic programming.
- Provide effective supports to Assistant Principals and teachers as directed by campus Regional Schools Officers. Primary assigned supports include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct 1:1 coaching to assistant principals and teachers.
- Design and facilitate effective teacher and assistant principal professional development
- Establish model classrooms.
- Coordinate cross-site collaboration (for teachers and assistant principals).
- Audit school programming (at grade, content, or program level) and developing recommendations for design and/or execution improvements.
- Support design of and facilitate centralized teacher professional development sessions as needed
- Provide support to Academic Operations as needed (standardized assessment auditing, teacher interviews, etc.).
- Contribute to a thriving team and organizational culture that values student achievement above all.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a results-oriented individual – a flexible thinker willing to do “whatever it takes.”
- Have a deep belief in the Mastery Charter School mission and values.
- Possess a ferocious desire to provide our students with a world class education.
- Be familiar with Common Core shifts and standards and possess exceptional ELA content knowledge (knowledge of KIPP Wheatley curriculum preferred).
- Have strong experience analyzing and interpreting instructional data.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills – exceptionally high emotional intelligence.
- Be detail-oriented and highly organized with strong analytical writing skills.
- Have experienced a high level of with urban youth.
- Have zest and a sense of humor and operates as a team-player.
- Thrive in a high-accountability, fast-paced environment.
Mastery Schools has a wonderful benefits package including medical, dental and vision. We also offer tuition reimbursement and relocation!
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply directly through our website at www.masterycharter.org/careers.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert