Assistant Director of Math
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 19144
Country: United States
All students learn the academic and personal skills they need to be truly prepared for postsecondary success and able to pursue their dreams.
Mastery schools are joyful, authentic communities where students learn how to think critically and act independently so they are truly prepared for postsecondary success.
Student Achievement — Above All
Student achievement is the civil rights issue of our time and the reason we exist. Each staff member is responsible for our students’ success.
We serve students and their families first. Our business is their success.
The High Road
We do the right thing. We are fair and treat folks with respect.
Our students’ futures are at stake – we don’t give up. We do more with less. If it doesn’t work, we fix it. We find a way.
Joy and Humor
Our positive, caring culture supports student and staff success. We like fun. We love to laugh.
We face reality, communicate honestly and respectfully, and hold each other accountable.
Everybody is welcome to talk to anybody. We are open and transparent.
We seek a better way – always. We are engaged in an ongoing cycle of goal setting, action, measurement, and analysis.
We are in this together. We may disagree, but at the end of the day, we support each other 100%.
The Assistant Director of Mathematics is a key member of Mastery’s Math team and will strategically support Math programming network-wide by designing high-impact curricular materials, developing teachers and leaders to be effective in driving student achievement, and contributing to a high-performing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of and an ability to hold an incredibly high bar for mathematics academic programming.
- Provide effective supports to teachers and Assistant Principals through strategic supports, including:
- Direct teacher coaching
- Direct Assistant Principal coaching
- Determining and facilitating effective teacher and Assistant Principal professional development
- Establishing model classrooms
- Coordinating cross-site collaboration (for teachers and assistant principals)
- Writing and vetting instructional materials and curricular resources for teachers, including formative assessments and unit plans.
- Designing and facilitating small and large group PD, particularly focused on specialized content knowledge, pedagogy, practice and execution.
- Analyze network-level student achievement data for mathematics and determining next steps.
- Contribute generatively to a high-functioning team.
- Supports with upcoming and ongoing curriculum adoption processes and contributes to facilitating strong change management with schools.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a results-oriented individual – a flexible thinker willing to do “whatever it takes.”
- Have a deep belief in the Mastery Charter School mission and values.
- Possess a ferocious desire to provide our students with a world class education.
- Be deeply familiar with the Common Core shifts and standards and possess exceptional Mathematics content knowledge and national models of curricula.
- Have strong experience analyzing and interpreting instructional data.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills – exceptionally high emotional intelligence.
- Be detail-oriented and highly organized with strong analytical writing skills.
- Have experienced a high level of measurable success working with urban youth.
- Have zest and a sense of humor and operates as a team-player.
- Thrives in a high-accountability, fast-paced environment.
Mastery offers excellent benefits that include medical, dental and vision. We also have tuition reimbursement as well as relocation!
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply directly through our website at www.masterycharter.org/careers.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert