Assistant Principal of Specialized Services (Special Ed Leadership)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 19144
Country: United States
All students learn the academic and personal skills they need to be truly prepared for postsecondary success and able to pursue their dreams.
Mastery schools are joyful, authentic communities where students learn how to think critically and act independently so they are truly prepared for postsecondary success.
Student Achievement — Above All
Student achievement is the civil rights issue of our time and the reason we exist. Each staff member is responsible for our students’ success.
We serve students and their families first. Our business is their success.
The High Road
We do the right thing. We are fair and treat folks with respect.
Our students’ futures are at stake – we don’t give up. We do more with less. If it doesn’t work, we fix it. We find a way.
Joy and Humor
Our positive, caring culture supports student and staff success. We like fun. We love to laugh.
We face reality, communicate honestly and respectfully, and hold each other accountable.
Everybody is welcome to talk to anybody. We are open and transparent.
We seek a better way – always. We are engaged in an ongoing cycle of goal setting, action, measurement, and analysis.
We are in this together. We may disagree, but at the end of the day, we support each other 100%.
Mastery Charter Schools is seeking dynamic and passionate Assistant Principals of Specialized Services to lead our urban school turn-around efforts in Philadelphia. The Assistant Principal of Specialized Services is directly responsible for improving the academic and behavioral performance of students with disabilities. The Assistant Principal manages and coordinates all specialized services including special education, counseling, and all other related services. The overarching goal is to help our special education students achieve breakthrough academic achievement and to ensure that the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) needs of all special education students are met with robust and rigorous strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the special education program for a school of approximately 600 students.
- Implement, supervise and facilitate the Mastery intervention programs and curricula
- Supervise and coordinate the Individual Education Plan (IEP) and 504 processes.
- Supervise and coordinate evaluations and related services for students.
- Coordinate and monitor the Mental Health services of partner organizations.
- Chair and conduct manifestation determination meetings and other special education meetings.
- Ensure the implementation of accommodations in the general education environment.
- Ensure that student files are in full compliance with all special education
- Provide leadership on the school’s Administrative Le Team.
- Conduct informal and formal evaluations for special education teachers and other school staff members.
- Support principal and other assistant principals in leading the school and creating a culture of student achievement.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs designed for students with learning, physical and behavioral disabilities.
- Knowledge of medical and psychosocial issues related to individuals with learning, developmental, and/or emotional disabilities
- A strong sense of personal agency and accountability for student achievement
- A belief that all students should be held to high academic standards
- The ability to communicate effectively with parents
- Demonstrated professionalism and responsibility, and a strong work ethic
- A positive, high-energy attitude and a drive for personal excellence
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Special Education with at least five (5) years of urban education experience
- Must be PA state certified in special education and administration
Mastery Schools has excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision. We also offer tuition reimbursement and relocation!
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply directly via www.masterycharter.org/careers.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert