Regional Executive Assistant - Los Angeles
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: Los Angeles
Postal code: 90033
Country: United States
College Track is a national nonprofit that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, students access academic, financial, and social-emotional support along with one-on-one coaching, career exposure, and other holistic growth opportunities. Our uniquely seamless, 10-year commitment to students and individualized approach are the keys to our ongoing transformative impact: College Track students graduate from four-year colleges at double the rate of their low-income and first-generation peers; and, five years after graduation, 87% of alumni earn more than their parents.
Over more than 20 years, College Track has grown from a cohort of 25 students in a single East Palo Alto center to a network of 10 College Track centers across California, Colorado, New Orleans, and the D.C. Metro Area that now serve more than 3,200 students. With a disciplined approach to growth, we have increased the number of students we serve and continuously improved the quality and impact of the services we provide. By 2020, College Track will empower more than 3,650 students as they pursue four-year college degrees and celebrate 750 alumni rising in the workforce as models to their families, friends, and communities.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Executive Assistant to provide critical administrative support to the Los Angeles Region. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing the highest level of support to the Executive Director to ensure that the key needs of College Track and the Los Angeles Regional Team are fulfilled. The Executive Assistant will interact with staff at all levels, students and with important internal and external constituents, utilizing great discretion and professionalism. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing landscape of priorities and responsibilities and be able to work independently and on variety of teams. Excellent project management, administrative and clerical skills, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Support to the Regional Executive Director (80%)
- Maintain the calendar of the Executive Director; schedule internal and external meetings, including preparing all necessary information and materials required for meetings, taking messages, participating in and taking notes during conference calls and meetings, and drafting and reviewing correspondence. Ensure that preparations for meetings are made in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversee planning and execution of key regional events including staff summits, staff leadership meetings, and culture-building activities.
- Performs routine bookkeeping tasks such as reviewing, coding and processing invoices for Executive Director; prepares and processes various accounting documents such as expense reports; monitors and tracks budget activity for special projects as directed by Executive Director.
- Regional Communications
- Serve as liaison between Executive Director and other department staff communicating information, schedules, assignments, priorities and requests; serve as a communication link between senior management and program staff.
- Manage regional staff newsletter and other regional communications.
- Draft letters, documents, and correspondence on behalf of Executive Director
- Program Support
- Oversee Data Monitoring and Reporting: Serve as the Regional Salesforce expert and ensure the tracking and reporting of Regional metrics.
- Maintain Regional Dashboards and update information on an ongoing basis using College Track databases
- New/Special Projects: Additional projects as assigned by the Regional Executive Director
Support to Northern California Region (20%)
- Manage calendar for development and community-related meetings and events such as site visits, 1-1 fundraising meetings, Local Advisory Board meetings, etc. Manage communication and assist in logistics/planning for Local Advisory Board meetings and fundraising-related events
- Conduct research on foundations and individual donors and prepare background materials for donor related meetings
- Assist with data entry into strategic database used to track all funds, donors and key deadlines
- Serving as back-up support for fundraising events, corporate residency programs, and career readiness events
- As appropriate, assist other departments and program staff with special projects as a member of the Executive Regional Team
Skills and experience required
The Executive Assistant must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional experience, preferably in an office environment for a high-growth and fast-paced organization
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding organizational skills, keen attention to detail, time management, and follow-up skills
- Skilled at multi tasking, problem solving and prioritizing
- Self-starter who has the ability to effectively manage a wide range of tasks and projects
- Proven experience with Salesforce, event planning, and meeting logistics
- Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high responsibilities and shifting priorities
- Resourceful problem solver who takes the initiative to identify and assist in resolving problems both within and beyond areas of direct responsibility
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence
- Experience working with, mentoring and/or inspiring high school and/or college students from the communities we serve, a plus
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert