Senior Manager, Digital Engagement
National Wildlife Federation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Environment
Postal code: 20190
Country: United States
Uniting all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in a rapidly changing world.
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 51 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world, and the Federation is committed to inspiring all people around our shared love of nature and wildlife by creating a welcoming and inclusive community representative of all Americans. By respecting and valuing the diversity of connections to the natural world and wildlife, we work toward convening a powerful movement. To support our mission we are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Digital Engagement to join our Philanthropy team. This position may be in Reston, VA, or Washington, DC.
As the Senior Manager of Digital Engagement, you'll help lead a team that will develop digital campaigns that support the advocacy and fundraising efforts of the National Wildlife Federation and our affiliates and coalition partners. You'll work collaboratively across the Federation to create compelling email, social media, and web content that is engaging, on-brand, and on-target, while listening to and representing the voices of our members, supporters, partners, and followers. You’ll help support the Federation’s advocacy, fundraising, and conservation priorities by uncovering opportunities, developing winning strategies, overcoming challenges, and fueling success across multiple engagement platforms.
In this role you will:
- Lead a content creation team to develop integrated campaigns utilizing action alerts, fundraising appeals, social media content, and website copy to support the Federation’s revenue, advocacy, and program goals.
- Collaborate with national, regional, and affiliate partners to support the Federation’s conservation priorities. Build effective working relationships across the Federation and serve as a knowledgeable and accessible resource about digital campaigns and digital engagement strategies.
- Analyze performance metrics and monitor progress toward goals, fine-tuning strategies as necessary. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies and use these insights to inform continuous improvement. Promote data-driven decision making.
- Endeavor to stay abreast of innovative digital campaign methodologies and strategies. Foster a knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital marketing or advocacy fields is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing teams and fostering cross-team collaboration is highly desirable.
- Passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is desirable.
- Experience working in a member organization, in environmental conservation or on political and advocacy campaigns a plus.
- Superior communications and political savvy, excellent time management and organization skills, creative thinking and problem solving skills, along with attention to detail, will serve this role well.
- An ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, coupled with strong initiative and willingness to take on projects and run with them.
- Knack for managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines, staying on budget, and delivering quality content and user experiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS is desirable, as is familiarity with various CRM databases and reporting tools.
- Experience with a mass mailer program like Engaging Networks, Convio, EveryAction, BSD Tools, Salsa, MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar would be ideal.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, including 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/DEIJ.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
$60k - 65k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert