The Board will support the work of Project Access and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the chief executive officer (CEO) & President, the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight
· Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO & President as they develop and implement Project Access's strategic plan
· Approving Project Access’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
· Hiring, oversight, and annual performance evaluation of the CEO & President
· Assisting the CEO & President and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
· Partnering with the CEO & President and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
· Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
· Representing Project Access to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
· Ensuring Project Access’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Project Access serves
· Broaden our circle of supporters, link other individuals and resources to the organization
Project Access Board Members will consider Project Access a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Project Access can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Project Access Board Members are asked to support these fundraising goals.
· Attend Project Access fundraising events and promote the event’s sponsorship opportunities to your businesses, community friends, and colleagues.
- Give or Get a minimum of $10,000 per year
· Through personal resources or through the cultivation of new donor relationships, pledge an annual donation to support the Organization’s programs.
· Attend a minimum of five of six board meetings annually and participate actively in board meetings
· Participate in an annual board retreat and other short- and long-term planning activities
· Actively participate on a minimum of one board committee
· Executive Committee members are required to also participate in each of the scheduled Executive Committee meetings
· Participate in and promote Project Access special events
· Two year term with re-election required for each subsequent term