Assistant Manager of Donor Relations
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Arts, Culture and Humanities
Postal code: 10471
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Wave Hill is a 28-acre public garden and cultural center in the Bronx overlooking the Hudson River and Palisades. Its mission is to celebrate the artistry and legacy of its gardens and landscapes, to preserve its magnificent views, and to explore human connections to the natural world through programs in horticulture, education and the arts. https:/www.wavehill.org
The Assistant Manager of Donor Relations plays a critical role in helping grow and enhance Wave Hill’s fundraising initiatives. Working closely with the Development Director, Executive Director, Committee Leadership and the Board of Directors, The Assistant Manager of Donor Relations helps identify, cultivate and steward major donors. Relationship building with donors and providing excellent administrative support are also important duties for the position.
- Work with Development Director to define strategy for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors including Board Members, Campaign Donors and Leadership Council Members.
- Maintain prospects portfolio reports/movements for all mid-level and major donors and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of data input.
- Work with Director of Development and Leadership Council Co-Chairs to oversee and coordinate the Leadership Council Membership Program including solicitations, renewals, and general outreach.
- Oversee memorial and tribute giving including bench and tree dedications.
- Work closely with the Membership Associate to identify donors to upgrade to Contributing, Partner and Leadership Council Membership.
- Work with Development Director and Development Associate to create, manage and implement Development calendar which includes mailings, emails and social media campaigns for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts.
- Conduct research and analyze donor information and giving to identify prospects and funding opportunities.
- Process major gifts, acknowledgement letters, renewals, and other correspondence.
- Create personal correspondence for major donors including special reports and presentations.
- Generate and analyze development reports.
- Serve as primary Board Liaison, create Board correspondence, manage and coordinate meeting logistics and maintain Board Manual.
- Facilitate event logistics in conjunction with Board and Major Donor meetings.
- Serve as back up for Development Associate and Membership Associate.
- Related duties as needed; provide overall support to department and assist with events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated experience working with major donors.
- Must have experience working with Blackbaud databases and strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to multi-task, set goals and meet deadlines, take initiative and problem-solve.
- A minimum of three years of fundraising/development experience required.
- Must be extremely well-organized, responsible, dependable and detail-oriented.
- Major medical
- 401k with a pension plan
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, sick an personal days
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter and writing samples in a single PDF document to [email protected]
. Please state Assistant Manager of Donor Relations in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employee.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert