Director, Stronger Change Office
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Healthcare
City: New York
Postal code: 10038
State: New York
Country: United States
The mission of Planned Parenthood is:
to provide comprehensive reproductive and complementary health care services in settings which preserve and protect the essential privacy and rights of each individual;
to advocate public policies which guarantee these rights and ensure access to such services;
to provide educational programs which enhance understanding of individual and societal implications of human sexuality;
to promote research and the advancement of technology in reproductive health care and encourage understanding of their inherent bioethical, behavioral, and social implications.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 31 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in a way that would be truly transformational and facilitate innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
The Stronger Change Office will be a dedicated team leading the implementation of the set of initiatives agreed upon by the Stronger Change Leadership Committee. The Stronger Change Office will allocate dedicated resources to advance the change work, ensure integration of the initiatives, provide oversight for Stronger Project Teams implementing the initiatives, and identify and mitigate associated risks.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Stronger Change Officer Director. Reporting to the Stronger Chief Change Officer, the Stronger Change Office Director will execute Stronger’s change efforts in the coming years by (a) serving as a point-of-contact and providing support to Stronger Project Sponsors and Teams as teams work through the detailed design and implementation of Stronger’s initiatives, (b) crafting and coordinating communications from Stronger Change Office to other stakeholders, and (c) managing the Senior Data Analyst and any additional analysts hired to the Stronger Change Office. The Stronger Change Office will allocate dedicated resources to advance the change work, ensure integration of the initiatives, provide oversight for Stronger Project Teams implementing the initiatives, and identify and mitigate associated risks.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with Stronger Project Leads and Stronger Project Teams in designing the approaches to initiatives, including creating detailed design plans, project budgets, and project charters.
- Work with Stronger Project Leads and Stronger Project Teams in executing on plans to implement the initiatives.
- Support Stronger Project Team Leads in managing the project budgets approved by the Stronger Chief Change Officer.
- Create processes and structure to track progress of Stronger Project Teams against work plans. Establish metrics (KPIs, milestones, and risks); work with Senior Data Analyst to build tools and processes to track progress.
- Create tools and processes to track and manage decisions and risks; escalate to Stronger Chief Change Officer, as necessary.
- Manage the Senior Data Analyst and additional analysts hired to the Stronger Change Office. Provide analytic guidance to Senior Data Analyst and Stronger Project Teams, as needed.
- Set, manage, and execute meeting and communication cadences with Chief Change Officer, Change Leadership Committee, Stronger Project Teams, Affiliate CEOs, PPFA staff and board members, and other stakeholders.
- Prepare executive communications for stakeholders, including progress reports, decision log/register, and risk tracker.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8+ years of professional experience including 3+ years of experience managing and executing complex projects and managing teams in a healthcare context.
- Understanding of the health care delivery system.
- Prior experience with operations at a Planned Parenthood affiliate, an affiliate of a different network organization, or a health care organization.
- Track record of managing core components of successful transformations and implementation of operational changes in complex environments.
Personal qualities/other attributes:
- Strong ability to weigh competing needs, prioritize, and come to equitable decisions or recommendations.
- Comfortable with quantitative analysis, particularly budget creation, management, tracking, and reporting. Logical and fact-driven; acknowledges and emphasizes the importance of evidence-based practices.
- Able to build, work with, and provide support to diverse teams. Able to effectively manage competing or ambiguous priorities, motivate others, and function in a matrixed, complex and evolving environment.
- Adapts and responds to change effectively. Provides direction to colleagues and direct reports in times of uncertainty; can make decisions on next steps and act without having the complete picture.
- Effectively manages own work and work of teams to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Uses effective written and oral communication with multiple types of levels of stakeholders.
- Able to design and facilitate meetings of varying sizes to convey complex information, work through challenging topics, and help stakeholders reach agreement.
- Deep appreciation for the mission of Planned Parenthood.
- Stronger is open to a remote candidate for this position, as well as candidates based in New York or Washington D.C. In the first couple months, the Director can expect to spend 2-3 days a week in New York with the Chief Change Officer. Due to the need to engage stakeholders, the Director will be expected to spend ~25% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit the job application here.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.
Posted By: Planned Parenthood Federation of America
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert