Senior Data Analyst, Stronger Change Office
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Healthcare
City: New York
Postal code: 10038
State: New York
Country: United States
The mission of Planned Parenthood is:
to provide comprehensive reproductive and complementary health care services in settings which preserve and protect the essential privacy and rights of each individual;
to advocate public policies which guarantee these rights and ensure access to such services;
to provide educational programs which enhance understanding of individual and societal implications of human sexuality;
to promote research and the advancement of technology in reproductive health care and encourage understanding of their inherent bioethical, behavioral, and social implications.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 33 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in a way that would be truly transformational and facilitate innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Stronger Change Office Senior Data Analyst to support the execution of Stronger’s change efforts in the coming years under the leadership and management of the Stronger Chief Change Officer and the Stronger Change Office Director. The Senior Data Analyst will be tasked to carry out timely and relevant data analyses and produce actionable data insights and dissemination for Stronger Change Office and affiliate stakeholders. The Stronger Change Office Senior Data Analyst’s primary functions are to (a) support data analysis needs of the Stronger Change Office, including tracking and reporting on metrics and monitoring budgets, (b) support data analysis needs of Stronger Project Teams, including collecting, analyzing, and communicating data and analyses, and (c) coordinate with data analysts and teams at the National Office and Affiliates as required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Establish tools and processes to measure, track, and report transformation metrics for the Stronger Change Office and Stronger Project Initiatives.
- Establish tools and processes to measure, track, and report Stronger Change Office budgets and ROI for Stronger Project Initiatives.
- Support Stronger Change Office Manager/Director in preparing progress reports and updates for communications to Stronger and PPFA stakeholders.
- Conduct other analyses for Stronger Change Office, as needed.
- Conduct market analyses and ad hoc health-related data analyses and visualization to support Stronger affiliate initiatives and inform strategies.
- Proactively design and build templates that highlight actionable strategies for Federation and Stronger affiliate programmatic efforts.
- In partnership with Stronger Change Office Director and affiliates, identify and translate market assessments into business cases and data action plans that can be implemented in response to environmental and/or policy changes.
- Identify standard analyses and shared best practices; monitor ongoing health care trends.
- Assist affiliates and partner with national office staff in interpreting and utilizing data.
- Identify and communicate insights across Stronger Project Teams. Builds, trains, and drives usage of performance improvement-focused analytical tools in direct service of national and affiliate business objectives.
- Maintain relationships with Federation analytics partners. Work with internal and external partners to incorporate external tools and capabilities for descriptive analytics, predictive modeling, and forecasting.
- Provides thought leadership to affiliate stakeholders on use of analytics and how it supports successful outcomes.
- Builds, manages, trains colleagues, and constantly improves upon the analytical offerings housed within the Tableau server.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 years of professional experience conducting strategic analysis of health-care related data and delivering that data in actionable insights.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Tableau proficiency a plus; working knowledge of statistical packages and data visualization tools.
- Experience in ArcGIS (or other spatial analysis software preferred).
- Thorough understanding of the health care delivery system.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
Personal qualities/other attributes:
- Conducts error-free, complex analyses.
- Effectively manages own work to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Communicates results, insights, and implications of analyses.
- Clear and compelling communicator (written, spoken, presentation).
- Collaborative work style. Able to work effectively with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects. Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable in ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding and field questions with minimal oversight.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood mission.
- Stronger is open to a remote candidate for this position. Due to the need to engage stakeholders, the Senior Data Analyst will be expected to spend ~5-10% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders. Travel will likely be greatest as the Stronger Change Office is established and Stronger Project Teams are launched.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit job application here.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.
Posted By: Planned Parenthood Federation of America
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert