About the Internet Society & Internet Society Foundation
The Internet Society (ISOC) supports and promotes the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society. Our work aligns with our goals for the Internet to be open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy. We seek collaboration with all who share these goals.
Together, we focus on building and supporting the communities that make the Internet work; advancing the development and application of Internet infrastructure, technologies, and open standards; and advocating for policy that is consistent with our view of the Internet.
The Internet Society Foundation (Foundation) is a newly formed, non-profit organization that works in concert with the Internet Society. It exists to demonstrate and support the positive difference the Internet can make to people everywhere and promote the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society. Learn more at https://www.isocfoundation.org/.
About the Position
The Technical and Administrative Grants Manager (TAGM) works closely with the Grant Program Officers and potential grantees on the submission, administration, review and decision notifications for all grants. The Grants Manager has primary ownership of the following five grant programs to be managed through our Grants Management System:
1. Beyond the Net Funding Program. Chapter grant funding for local and regional projects aligned with the Internet Society’s mission.
2. Community capacity building. Support for broader initiatives that improve Internet access and bridge the digital opportunities gap.
3. Disaster relief and recovery. Support our partner’s efforts to ensure communities can be reconnected quickly after natural disasters.
4. Research. The Foundation will explore opportunities to fund research and strengthen research capacity across technical, economic and public policy topics.
5. Innovation. This fund will encourage and fund technology initiatives and innovative technologies that contribute to the open Internet.
The TAGM reports to the Executive Director and will take the lead role in implementing a new Grants Management System (GMS) for the Foundation and will establish financial controls and ongoing administration for the GMS. The TAGM will also support the Communications Director in website management as needed.
Location: US-Reston, VA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain a new Grants Management System/Software; mastering and managing the software to meet requirements and ensuring data integrity, including interface with general ledger software;
- Develop, maintain, and ensure proper grants management procedures are in place and consistently followed, including but not limited to award notifications, grant agreements, and grant reporting;
- Conduct grantee due diligence checks to verify nonprofit status and conduct organizational research as needed;
- Manage pre- and post-grant processes for all grants, including workflows for grant proposal intake and review, grant approvals and contract routing, grant payments, grantee reports, and grant close-outs.
- Manage all grants through their lifecycle, and ensure proper due diligence for Foundation grants including timeliness and accuracy of all relevant data fields;
- Oversee the invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other processing functions to ensure successful execution of the grant process;
- Provide training, as necessary, on grants applications, management, and reporting requirements;
- Work closely with Program Officers and approved grantees to ensure the timely submission of all grant reports;
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities;
- Monitor documents connected with grant-funded programs;
- Coordinate and collaborate with ISOC IT team and foundation staff;
- Determine and report metrics and evaluations;
- Provide regular status updates to the Executive Director;
- Escalate issues to vendor(s) as needed;
- Support Communications Director with website maintenance as needed.