Global Campuses Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 05495
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
In 2019, Global Campuses Foundation entered its seventeenth year of Facilitating collaborative learning for adults of differing abilities in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Thailand. We now seek an experienced executive director to build upon these accomplishments, direct the implementation of the new 3-year strategic plan, and to lead the organization into the next stage of our organizational development.
The essence of the organization’s beliefs and values are captured in its new Vision Statement; A world where no one is seen as disabled. Global Campus Foundation’s new strategic goals are:
- Achieve financial stability by 2022 through further diversifying revenue streams, and ending each fiscal year with a surplus, aggregating into an an Endowment Fund.
- Identify and implement the optimal organizational structure for service delivery in the US and in Southeast Asia.
- Design and institute effective staff and Board leadership succession practices.
The Executive Director is directly responsible for the overall management of the organization including budgeting, financial planning and asset management, grant compliance, fund development, fiscal management, and program oversight. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and supervises the staff.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing service and programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, development and relationship-building, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic plan goals.
- Actively engage and energize staff, Board members, volunteers, partnering organizations, and funders in furthering the work of the organization and its strategic plan.
- Lead, coach, develop, support, and regularly evaluate the Foundation’s high-performance staff team. Ensure effective systems are in place and in alignment with successful implementation of the strategic plan.
- In collaboration with the Governance Committee, develop, maintain, and support a strong and engaged Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio member of assigned committees, seek and build board involvement with strategic plan implementation, relationship-building, and development.
- Participate in an annual 360 review of own performance and ensure that the Board conducts its own annual self-evaluation.
Communications, Outreach, & Fund Development:
- Expand relationship-building, grant-writing, and fund development activities to ensure successful implementation of the strategic plan goals.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities for furthering the strategic plan.
- Actively engage with Campus communities throughout the state, as a key organizational representative.
- Engage and educate the elected officials at the local and state levels, as to the importance of Global Campuses Foundation’s Mission and its impact on their constituents.
- Serve as the primary voice for the organization’s messaging.
- Minimum of five years successful experience as nonprofit Executive Director/CEO, with a track record of producing results by building dynamic staff teams, efficient and effective systems, fund development, and organizational capacity.
- Visionary thinker.
- Leads with integrity, transparency, and good humor.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Solid, hands-on fiscal management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Demonstrated successful experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, Board members and other volunteers, funders, elected officials, donors, and partners.
- Strong working knowledge of and successful experience working in partnership with Boards of Directors to strengthen governance practices and focus on the mission.
- Participatory style of management; ability to facilitate effective group decision-making processes.
- Effective communication skills - written and verbal; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business oversight and planning.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- History of having led organizational growth, facilitating higher levels of mission achievement.
- International business or nonprofit experience, preferably in Southeast Asia
- Advanced degree.
- Experience working with and advocating for people with disabilities.
This is a full-time position, with a flexible work schedule and the ability to work remotely. Compensation package is negotiable and will include a competitive salary and benefits as well as professional development opportunities.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter describing their qualifications and interest in this position, as well as salary history, and five references (include a brief description about your relationship to each of these references), to [email protected]
Please put “ATTN: Search Committee” in the subject line. Deadline for applications is August 26, 2019. The Search Committee will keep all applications confidential.
Global Campuses Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted By: Global Campuses Foundation
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert