Partnerships & Investments Manager
Alliance for Decision Education
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: Bala Cynwyd
Postal code: 19004
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
We Are Building a National Education Movement
The Alliance for Decision Education (formerly How I Decide Foundation) is dedicated to the belief that better decisions lead to better lives and a better society. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students to be better decision makers. In 2014, we began working with education experts to create engaging and award-winning programs that introduced decision skills to students across the country. Informed by our success, we realized we had to do more.
Today, the Alliance for Decision Education is gathering education and industry leaders, researchers, policymakers, teachers, program providers, and parents from across the country to ensure Decision Education becomes a critical part of every middle and high school student’s learning experience. We are building the field of Decision Education and creating a national movement that can, and will, make a difference in the lives of students for generations to come.
What We Believe
- Better decisions lead to better lives and a better society.
- Individuals can improve their decision skills.
- Students can and should learn decision skills.
- It is time to bring Decision Education into the classroom for every middle and high school student.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Partnerships & Investments Manager will identify, develop, and manage important relationships and significantly increase the organization’s impact in multiple ways. A new position in the organization, the Manager will have the opportunity to lead our partnership management, development, and grantmaking functions. S/he will: (1) manage strategic partnerships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and other organizations to further the organization’s mission; (2) lead the organization’s efforts to increase financial capacity, primarily through major gifts and special events; and (3) manage the organization’s grantmaking.
The Partnerships & Investment Manager will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with the organization’s top existing and potential donors, partners, and other supporters. This includes both individuals and entities such as corporations, foundations, government agencies, and universities.
Secure financial support, primarily from individuals through major gifts
Proactively manage a calls and meetings schedule for the Executive Director in support of development and partnership work
Secure financial support from corporations and foundations, including grant writing
Oversee organization and execution of special events
Prepare annual reports and other communications for our top supporters and partners
Utilize a CRM to track and manage relationships
Collaborate with the Board’s Development Committee
Manage grantmaking for the organization, including running RFP processes, reviewing applications, tracking grant outcomes, and managing grantee relationships
Hire, mentor and lead team members to aid with these efforts
Track and measure all aspects of these responsibilities with clear accounting and accountability
The Alliance for Decision Education is seeking a talented Partnerships & Investment Manager who consistently demonstrates intelligence, integrity, and energy. They have ideally served in a leadership role within a complex (based on number and variety of constituents) organization or company, and been individually productive in areas such major gifts, donor or investor relations, event planning, grants management, and/or corporate engagement.
We seek someone with the demonstrated skills to identify opportunities, develop promising approaches, work with high net worth individuals and corporations of every size, and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented, intellectually curious go-getter who is ready to take on an important challenge and make a lasting impact on education.
Qualifications of ideal candidates include:
- Highly collaborative style
- Initiative, conscientiousness, and good judgment
- Experience managing relationships with important stakeholders
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as a self-starter who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Ability to adapt to changing development conditions and focus
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy, emotional maturity, integrity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position development discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Experience working with individuals or organizations within the financial sector is a plus
- Experience or interest in education and/or cognitive science is a plus
We offer a generous benefits package and paid time off policy. The Alliance for Decision Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, a cover letter (stating minimum salary requirements), and samples of previous relevant writing to [email protected] by August 31, 2019.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert