Institutional Partnerships Coordinator
American Farmland Trust
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Food/Agriculture/Nutrition
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
We are working to save the land that sustains us by protecting farmland, promoting sound farming practices, and keeping farmers on the land.
American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. AFT launched the conservation agriculture movement and continues to raise public awareness through our No Farms, No Food message. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and supported thousands of farm families. Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agricultures most pressing needs and opportunities.
The Coordinator, Institutional Partnerships reports to the Director of Institutional Partnerships and works with program colleagues and the Institutional Partnerships team to raise financial support from Foundation and Government sources for AFTs national and regional/field programs. The position is based in Washington, DC at AFTs national office. For more information go to: www.farmland.org
The successful candidate will assist in:
- Conducting web-based research and analysis (including using prospect research methodologies) that identify relevant funding opportunities across a spectrum of appropriate Institutional prospects (from foundation and government sources), and developing summaries
- In a timely way apprising appropriate colleagues of funding opportunities, their deadlines, and salient factors that need to be considered;
- Editing, copyediting, and overtime writing proposals, working together with program staff to ensure high-quality work products while strictly adhering to funder guidelines, proposal and reporting requirements, and deadlines;
- Providing technical and administrative support with all aspects of grant proposals and reporting processes and submissions including tracking proposal, reporting, and submittal deadlines, and submitting the documents;
- Inputting, managing, tracking and disseminating information using a database (experience with Raiser's Edge preferred), Microsoft Office, excel sheet moves management, and on-line application and reporting systems, while maintaining confidentiality and discretion;
- Prioritizing, managing, and meeting multiple, competing, and tight deadlines with excellent time-management and organizational skills, calm, a good sense of humor, and a commitment to work as needed to meet these deadlines;
- Contributing to special projects on an as-needed basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
Annual evaluations will be based on achievement of specific performance benchmarks.
- Demonstrated team player with a commitment to the mission, philosophy, and value to AFT and interest in some aspect of agriculture or related environment fields.
- Demonstrated experience in securing grants/contracts from Foundations, and State and/or Federal Government sources and associated reporting.
- Technical proficiency using Raiser's Edge, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Excel - both entry and analysis, conducting web-based prospect research, and fulfilling the administrative tasks associated with grants management.
- High level of organization, creativity, initiative, strategic thinking and attention to detail with a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, communications skills required, with experience in copyediting.
- Demonstrated adeptness to think creatively and strategically and to work both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge of project budgets and the ability to review/proof budget information, as well as compare numbers to work in the proposal narrative.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Prefer at least two years of experience.
Please submit a cover letter with resume for consideration.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and background. Full and generous benefits package.
American Farmland Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/n39wf4h7cs322pwc
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert